Amazing Northern Lights Display

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disappointed about last night...

Didn't have a spectacular display last night.

A little disappointed because the initial display was phenomenal!!

The red was eminating vertically, similar to the blaze of a fire, all while on the arc with the bluish/green/white color as a backdrop.

Oh well. I'll just enjoy my exposure to radiation....

huncowboy said:
don't even post the URL where I can see the full size 1600-1200 pixel image because I don't need to see that. Thx.

(wips drool from corner of mouth)

I want to see it.......

:D

Re: *Another* cloudy night in Fairbanks

mar said:
But Barrow needs their soda pop so that's where I'm headed.

Don't forget the Pampers and Doritos, but try to keep it under 7500ft so the bags don't pop!

We saw them in Madison Wisconsin. They were reportedly tied to recent chemtrail sightings.

In other news. The Maglevs are back into full operation. :D

Last edited:
Gipped *yet* again!

Aaarrgghh. After a three and half hour mechanical delay we flew the whole stinkin' trip in the daytime....

Wouldn't have mattered much 'cause we were IMC for dam near all of it anyway.

Singlecoil wrote: <<Don't forget the Pampers and Doritos, but try to keep it under 7500ft so the bags don't pop!>>

Hey man! What kind of operation do you think we run here? We're flying in modern *pressurized* comfort.

Well we're pressurized anyway. Be safe.:D

LGA to Burlington, VT last night at 19,000. Very nice, havent seen a display that strong since Sept 10, 2001, that night I was the last flight out of LGA to SYR after the 3 lines of TS move thru.

Re: Gipped *yet* again!

mar said:
Hey man! What kind of operation do you think we run here? We're flying in modern *pressurized* comfort.

That window in the ceiling with the compass rose on it must be a high tech Northern Lights viewing portal. :D

Re: Gipped *yet* again!

mar said:
Aaarrgghh. After a three and half hour mechanical delay we flew the whole stinkin' trip in the daytime....

Wouldn't have mattered much 'cause we were IMC for dam near all of it anyway.

Singlecoil wrote: <<Don't forget the Pampers and Doritos, but try to keep it under 7500ft so the bags don't pop!>>

Well we're pressurized anyway. Be safe.:D

Should have taken Maglev.:eek:

Latest resources

Back