Amazing Northern Lights Display

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maglev?

I realize this is some sort of running joke, but I just don't get it.

To be honest I skip a lot of threads that don't matter to me: Watches, Scope, The Latest Rumor From SWA...

Somewhere along the line I missed the original Maglev joke.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'd like to play along but I just don't get it.

Now if you wanna joke about the little window in the roof of my cockpit, well, that's different!:D

Peace brothas!

Re: Maglev?

mar said:
Somewhere along the line I missed the original Maglev joke. I guess what I'm saying is, I'd like to play along but I just don't get it.
Some weeks ago, Skyboss introduced himself to us by telling us that we'd all be out of a job within the next decade because of the expanded use of "maglev" trains. These are vehicles that skim along a track supported by a magnetic field, and are very fast.

Last I heard, the track alone cost about $40,000,000 per mile.

[sarcasm] This news was well received by all the regulars on this forum, and Skyboss was cheerfully welcomed into the brotherhood of aviation professionals. [/sarcasm]

Ah HA! Now I understand!

Mag. Lev.

Got it!

GREAT IDEA!

There's no friction, you know? Very efficient and very smooth.

Thanks Typhoon.

All I know about Skyboss is that we agree on the Scarebus.

And there, for just a minute, I thought that this thread was about the Northern Lights Aerobatic Team...

If it had said "Amazing Aurora Borealis"...

Guess I'll catch it on my ANC-YYZ in a couple of days - but then I have my doubts that an Airbus can take it! Where, oh where is my Boeing?

Didn't get to see them

I must have missed the show. We spent the night in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland (not recommended), but it was overcast. The solar flare made all the oceanic HF freqs pretty much ununseable on the way home, and we spent most of the night over Labrador trying to see the Northern Lights...but no dice. That was on the night of the 28th. By the 29th, I was at home in Alabama, and it was cloudy.

I was suppose to be doing our BWI-KEF trip but I got take off of it and put on a day trip. The light are great on that trip any given night it would have been awesome to have seen them due to the solar flare.

Latest resources

Back