IPOD: Check

Backpack: Check

Oakleys: Does Nike Eyewear count?

Lots of Hairgel: My hair just sticks up naturally

Parents basement: Check

Riddle Education:

Gulfstream Academy graduate:

Say dude alot: Check
(I call my CA's dude, but then again, I'm on the Bro, so that's basically SOP.)

Looks like I'm exactly where I belong. ;)

-Goose

The real question is...

I'm at 390 tt and 20 me. Am I ready to fly a plane on a 30 minute ETE into thunderstorms, a caution message on the EICAS, a captain running the QRH while I fly and work the radios into the busiest airport in the world, brief and execute a CAT II approach, and have dinner with the family the same night?

-Brett

No, but I do wear a lot of hair gel, where do I sign up?

Hey everyone, just looking for some advice...

My Times are: 390 TT 20 ME

I've got my ATP written scheduled, along with my 1st class medical during the 1st week of February. I've already got a radio operators license....

I currently live in Fort Lauderdale, FL. But my family lives in Boston, MA (free housing)

Which regionals would be of interest to me? (so far I've looked at: Eagle and Colgan. Any others based on my times?

I was also wondering if anyone could help me with a resume. If you could PM me and look over it. (just wasent sure where to put a few items)

Throw your name into the hat and find out. Send out a resume to every regional with a BOS base, and then throw one out to every other airline.

With all the merger talk, a CFI would be a good thing to have. Some if not all of the regionals are gonna be feeling the pain this year.

PSA Candidate check list:

Pulse: check

Commercial Ticket and medical: check

You're in!

Thanks for the replies. I know I dont have a lot of hours. The experience I do have has been very good (in my opinion), Cessna 402 night operation between nassau and FLL. Flown SIC in a hawker jet in and out of IAD.....

this job is not hard. you will be fine if you go in with a good attitude. Your stick and rudder skills will come with time. Don't listen to all the people that say low time means you will fail....I never did. Good luck, just don't be the tool walking through the airport with a packpack and and IPOD on people look at you with a little respect until they see that.

20 hours ME flying between Nassau and FLL?

IMHO, no, but the regionals are hiring just about anyone who can fog a mirror and fake a logbook.

Also in my opinion, the small jet providers are in for a rude awaking in the next couple years as more and more RJs become not viable economically. When the recession hits in full force later this year, be prepared to do something else.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back