• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Am I Just a Giant WIMP?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every single one of us should make hay while the sun shines and develop some kind of secondary income while we're making money. My friends are buying motorcycles and boats, I bought a rental house. Through that and other endeavors, by the end of this year I plan to be able to lose my job (god forbid, I LOVE my job) and not have to scramble for a job selling lumber.

I have long advocated that a pilot needs to have a skill they keep current, something that they can earn some money with around flying, and something they can fall back on for a bit when flying ends.

It can be bartending, wildland firefighting, EMT, etc. Just some kind of skill to have, and you dont want to wait until you are out of a job, to start thinking of what you can do and getting trained. Just have something you can do when you lose a job, because most likely, it will happen.

When was the last time a X or a 550 had an explosive decompression? I just looked up for the last 10 years and all the planes that came up as a decompression were airliners and turboprops. Not long haul business jets.
Just because it hasn't been reported, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Uh, I'm not unstable. I'm mouthy--I engage my mouth before my brain somtimes (and I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve). There's a difference. You'll never have to guess where I stand on something at any rate--I don't play political games.

But I am flawed. So are you--unless you managed to learn how to walk on water when I wasn't looking or something... There's certainly nothing wrong with being human.

Speaking of O2, here's an oxygen mask for your ride on that high horse. ;)

(Just kidding.)

I'll start keeping score for you. So far we have, by your own admission:

-You have "Meltdowns"
-Your "mouthy"
-You speak without thought of the consequences
-You readily bash your employers in public, or worse in industry forums
-Your involved in domestic violence with kids in the room
-Your now ex girlfriend was a coke-head
-You may be trying to force yourself out of aviation on a subconscious level
-A career change is on your agenda
-You don't care if what you say in public kills your career
-You tell stories out of school about the people you fly with
-You're not only flawed, you're "highly flawed"

Keep going, I'll be happy to make additions. You really make yourself out to be a great candidate for a pilot position. Or maybe a postal worker.

Ha!

First of all, "meltdown" is hyperbole. When oh when will you ever learn just what that is?

For example, calling someone who boned you disloyal is not a meltdown. It is just a blunt statement. Ditto with calling an incompetent pilot an incompetent pilot. We can debate the merit of the statement but it is hardly a meltdown.

An editorial rant over an injustice on a public forum is not a meltdown. Your previously mentioned "postal worker" reference however reminds us all what a *true* meltdown really is. Be thankful that most of the world uses a keyboard to express anger.

After reading your list I don't feel so bad about myself. It could always be much worse. Besides, I have a *really* long list of good traits. They more than compensate for the bad ones. :)

Ncherches, don't feel bad. I creep *myself* out, too. :)

Last edited:
Meltdown, my friend, was your word. Not mine. You never said someone melted you down, you said that you had a meltdown.

Meltdown, my friend, was your word. Not mine. You never said someone melted you down, you said that you had a meltdown.

Yes it was my term inspired by the muckrakers at another site--and it was an *intentional* overstatement. I didn't have any sort of mental episode whatsoever. I did, however, very seriously contemplate quitting flying altogether. Thankfully g200, gear_guy, 400A, spxdriver, and a few other really fine folks on here gave me some perspective.

Even you helped with some advice. Why you've taken a turn for the slam escapes me.

Next time I will use quotation marks when discussing a "meltdown" so you will know it is not intended to be taken literally.

Last edited:
I'm simply trying to get you to follow some sound advice and QUIT SPILLING GUTS ON THE INTERNET!

I'm simply trying to get you to follow some sound advice and QUIT SPILLING GUTS ON THE INTERNET!

Sage advice, truly. I did find the answers I was seeking thru my public quetions, however.

Take care.

Lock it up boys. Nothing left to see here.

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back