• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA's latest screw up at ASA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could be interesting if a pilot is actually up to date and due to ALPA accounting screwups, they try to have him fired!! Don't know how many more lawsuits ALPA can afford to lose.

How much was the assessment?

I think is pretty much standard that any union can get a member fired for not paying dues. Imagine if there were not consequences for not paying dues. People wouldn't pay and it would be a mess.

Scott

Scott,

I know why the agency shop was put in the contract, I helped put it in there. Times were much different then however...We worked for a terrible company with terrible management and the union hadn't screwed many things up yet...Times are different now....Skywest is much better than our former management, and ALPA can't get anything right anymore...

For the record, before we had agency shop, most pilots still joined because they WANTED to join...If your organization is worth joining, then people will join it. Taking away the ability to fire them makes them become lazy.....In retrospect, it was a huge mistake....

Your mom has seen what I can do, and she pays a lot more than $5 for the priviledge.

Yeah, I know pee wee, I've heard all about it! After all, its all you can afford on that stellar Wendy's salary.:laugh:

Joe,
Your procedure has its own faults. IE. your six checks will bounce back with "insufficient postage". Current 1st class postage is 44 cents! Obviously this delima requires a committee meeting.

ALPA hasn't done their "due diligence" since this began.

1. The vote was compromised as people who weren't eligible to vote actually did vote.
2. They didn't have an accurate roster of pilots when they came up with the formula to figure out how much the assessment would be....therefor that formula isn't going to cover the expenses in the first place.
3. They are only "estimating" the amount owed. They say they can't give an exact accounting unless the MEC "chooses" to do so.
4. Why am I getting a "scare" letter from someone who can't even tell me exactly what I owe....at least the credit card company knows the exact amount.
5. Why do I even have to do the math to figure it out...Why doesn't the statement show the math...My credit card statements show the math.
6. Can't pay it at once, you have to mail 6 separate checks at 41 cents postage each....Who's bright idea was that?

There hasn't been any "due diligence" and that is the problem...

I agree that it is all bark and no bite....Can you imagine ALPA actually trying to go forward with this?

We either need new LEC/MEC leadership willing to stand up to National -OR- (better yet IMHO) get rid of alpa and represent ourselves.

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

its well past time............

Joe-

You attempted to do something about getting rid of ALPA at ASA and it did not succeed. For that I commend you for trying to be a part of the solution rather than part of the problem. However, wouldn't nicer for you to spend your last couple of decades just enjoying your job instead of crying foul everytime ALPA does something wrong (allegedly)?

ALPA should be embarrassed over this!

Right now they are the laughing stock at ASA.

There going to have someone fired over $25. Give me a brake!

It's time for a BIG change in ALPA leadership.

701EV

Latest resources

Back