• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA/TWA Duty of Fair Representation Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another great example of a pilot who thinks he understands how everything works.

I'll go further. He thinks ALPA can do no wrong. The jury said they did wrong. Alpo threw us under the bus to get APA back into the fold. And we won that suit, the appeals are done. Now another suit to determine damages.

Another great example of a pilot who thinks he understands how everything works. Patently wrong. US hospitals are the scene of 100,000 - 150,000 patient deaths every year, caused by error.

And your point is? I don't believe that a solution to medical errors is punishing doctors with lawsuits anymore than I believe that a solution to missed crossing restrictions is punishing pilots with suspensions. Getting a $200k settlement doesn't bring back your dead relative, and it won't prevent a single medical error, either.

And we won that suit, the appeals are done.

Wrong. The appeals haven't even started yet. ALPA can't even file appeals until after the second jury renders their verdict on damages.

Just curious.....have any of the people on this thread telling us about all the evils ALPA supposedly committed against the TWA pilots even read the court transcript in its entirety?

Some of them were even in the courtroom listening to testimonies. BTW, DW wouldn't even look at any of the former TWA pilots in attendance, eye-to-eye. Actually, he didn't even look at the jury. Just sayin'.

X

BTW, DW wouldn't even look at any of the former TWA pilots in attendance, eye-to-eye.

What, you expect him to have a bunch of warm fuzzy feelings for a group of people suing him and accusing him of horrible things that he didn't do?

What about the jury?

PCL, with every post, you show yourself to be a bigger and bigger ass-hat. You really should stop before you embarrass yourself further.

X

BTW, he wasn't being sued, he was merely a witness. But I'm sure you knew that already.

What about the jury?

Why would you expect him to look at the jury?

BTW, he wasn't being sued, he was merely a witness. But I'm sure you knew that already.

Typically when the Association is sued, the President of the Association is also named as a defendant. Can't remember if that was the case in this suit or not, to be honest. Semantics, anyway.

Some of them were even in the courtroom listening to testimonies. BTW, DW wouldn't even look at any of the former TWA pilots in attendance, eye-to-eye. Actually, he didn't even look at the jury. Just sayin'.

X

OK, so they were in the courtroom. Were they there every day? How about everyone else on the thread talking trash? Were they there every day? Did they read the entire transcript?

Who gives a crap if he didn't look at them? He was probably pissed. I would have been, too.

Who gives a crap if he didn't look at them? He was probably pissed. I would have been, too.

Or chicken sh!t, yellow, spineless. If I had so little character in evidence to throw fellow pilots under the bus, I would probably have to pretend I wasn't there too.

Last edited:
Or chicken sh!t, yellow, spineless. If I had so little character in evidence to throw fellow pilots under the bus, I would probably have to pretend I wasn't there too.

That's funny because when I was reading the case, I was thinking something similar........except I was amazed at how willing a few TWA pilots were willing to risk throwing the ENTIRE TWA seniority list under the bus by gambling with a bankruptcy judge's 1113c ruling that likely would have taken their scope away anyway. But hey, I guess it just depends on one's bias as to who was throwing whom under the bus, huh?

Latest resources

Back