Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Super 80

Rube Goldberg device
Does anyone have any news of what the Judge awarded the former TWA pilots from ALPA based on their DFR lawsuit? I thought the decision was supposed to have been handed down by now.

We're in the discovery phase for damages now. Once that's done a damages trial will be scheduled, hopefully within a year. At that point we'll have a dollar amount. Then comes the appeal. Two to three years till resolution.

In my opinion ALPA threw the TWA pilots under the mothership in an attempt to get APA back into the barn. I wouldn't mind seeing the ALPA elite troffers having to cut back on their caviar and crumpets (though I think it would be more of a punishment to them if they had to.. gasp, wear a pilot uniform).

Sadly this righteous assault on the ALPA castle will probably find the walls are impenetrable, even if a few valiant souls breach the mote. I suspect ALPA will drag it on for years and erode the vigor and wallets of the ones thy already staked in the heart. At long last ALAP will probably put a short summary in the next Flying the Line, with a self-serving explanation, as a further twist of the dagger.

Other than that, ALPA rocks. :D

In my opinion ALPA threw the TWA pilots under the mothership in an attempt to get APA back into the barn. I wouldn't mind seeing the ALPA elite troffers having to cut back on their caviar and crumpets (though I think it would be more of a punishment to them if they had to.. gasp, wear a pilot uniform).

Sadly this righteous assault on the ALPA castle will probably find the walls are impenetrable, even if a few valiant souls breach the mote. I suspect ALPA will drag it on for years and erode the vigor and wallets of the ones thy already staked in the heart. At long last ALAP will probably put a short summary in the next Flying the Line, with a self-serving explanation, as a further twist of the dagger.

Other than that, ALPA rocks. :D
Laughable coming from someone who belongs to a pilot group with absolutely zero integrity.

Latest resources

Back