• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA to uphold and defend AAA/HP seniority list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just out of curiosity are any of you other Alpa pilots worried that Prater might throw this out? Throwing personal opinions as to the fairness of the award aside if Alpa does abrogate the award then AWA pretty much has a slam dunk lawsuit on our hands and guess who would have to pay for it? I would imagine it would be paid for by dues paying union members. I would think that fact alone will keep Prater from throwing the thing out but then again National has made many mis-steps during the last 6 years.

Just out...

Prater wants the two MEC's to explore fences etc through the joint negotiation process. AWA MEC said thanks but no thanks. Once again the ball is in Praters court and he is probably starting to realize that he has done nothing but compound the problem.....oh well.

Note to self...cancel USAir east jumpseat reservation for next week. Check loads on Southwest.

PHXFLYR

One things for certain...it'll be LONG time before a working-group agrees to binding arbitration again...IMHO.

One other thing is for certain...once mixed cockpits start it's gonna make the old NWA Red book, Blue book, Green book days look like a trip to the local Dairy Queen..

I doubt anyone will voluntarily cross the Great Divide. Base shrinkage might force the issue, but I think US management will think long and hard before they do that.

Which might mean that MEC's will work harder to resolve their differences so it might be a good thing.

Work Harder??????????????

We tried to work hard and Negotiate. AAA MEC would have none of it......DOH, sonny, thats the only way this can go.

We tried to work hard in Mediation. AAA MEC would have none of it........DOH, sonny, thats the only way this can go.

We tried to work hard in Arbitration. (as did the Arbitrator) AAA MEC would have none of it...........DOH, sonny (and you too old man) thats the only way this can go.

You need to ask your own AAA MEC why they worked so hard to arrogantly demand something so unrealistic.

As your rank and file are finding out. Your MEC wrecked alot of good will with their Preposterous demand of DOH.

How can you with a staight face say that AAA guys, Days away from liquidation, deserve all upgrades for the forseeable future and AWA guys, growing and hiring, deserve ALL the possible furlough risk for the forseeable future.

And now you want to work hard and negotiate.

I'm sure you do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back