• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA on TSA/Crew Pass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sadly these days most airlines are in the latter category.

ASA doesn't seem to be one of these.

I've seen the company treat the crews decent at cost to the company. They tout themselves as being a 'super regional' and talk up how great the company is.

This is simply a (small) way for them to act on these ideals.

What's the big deal?

The big deal is that the companies shouldn't be forced to pay it and it looks like that's the reason why Crewpass hasn't become a reality yet. You can plead with them from months while the rest of can pay for it now and be on our way.

The big deal is that the companies shouldn't be forced to pay it and it looks like that's the reason why Crewpass hasn't become a reality yet. You can plead with them from months while the rest of can pay for it now and be on our way.

Are you management? You sound like management material.

Getting through security is not getting to work. It's getting *into* work. It's like a businessman showing up at the door to his office building and having to pony up an entrance fee.

And the reward for the airlines is tangible. It's in their best interest to pay for it. It means pilots showing up at the gate on time, in a better mood, providing better customer service and more on-time flights. Probably safer to. Also helps keep them from quitting and going corporate first chance they get. Or going postal in the security line, that always makes for bad press.

Using that logic why should they even bother providing heat or light in the crew room. Or free water in the water cooler. Some companies understand that little stuff matters, some don't. Sadly these days most airlines are in the latter category.

You can bet the CEO doesn't pay even pay for his own dry cleaning though.

Wait, wait! You guys get free water? WTF. Next thing you'll be telling me you get free coffee without having to go steal it from the CP's office...

Wait, wait! You guys get free water? WTF. Next thing you'll be telling me you get free coffee without having to go steal it from the CP's office...

Or free parking and free shuttle-bus rides from the parking lot to the concourse.

Imagine how much could be saved by eliminating that wasteful program!

I have to agree that crews paying is definitely not a precedent we ever want to set. What many fail to grasp is the incremental nature of issues such as this. Our QOL and incomes are being incrementally devalued as a matter of policy by management, and regrettably, often enabled by our union reps. I pray I'm not alone in recognizing this. Therefore IMHO, we never want to allow the ball to start rolling on this or any issue. One example of where this may lead is how management now takes for granted we will use our cell phones willingly at our own expense for company business. This is now policy for all practical purposes. Personally, I have been threatened with discipline more than once by management for failing to use the phone I'm not required to have nor receive any allowance for.

Are you management? You sound like management material.

Getting through security is not getting to work. It's getting *into* work. It's like a businessman showing up at the door to his office building and having to pony up an entrance fee.

No it isn't. You can get in free by simply going through the checkpoint like everyone else! You choose not to be harassed though. If it's worth $50 to you then pay it. If not, then go through security.

I love it how everyone is in favor of ending handouts until they're the ones getting the handout. Then it's justified? As I said, put your money where your mouth is. Put up or shut up.

Box office, it is my money and I am willing to pay it...in the form of added compensation for the work I do for my company.

If the airline paid they could only brag about 69.6 million a year in savings!

And the CEO might get shorted a few hundred thousand bucks on his bonus and his kids can have the PS3 they wanted for Christmas...it amazes me how short sighted some people are. Imagine an airline CEO whose children can't have a PS3 or a Maserati.

Ahh, the old 'wealth envy' card, well played my friend.

Box office, it is my money and I am willing to pay it...in the form of added compensation for the work I do for my company.

OK. That sounds like a negotiations item. What are you willing to give the company for it? Because nothing comes for free.

Latest resources

Back