• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Monument at KCVG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did fight, Joey. You're the one that wants to tuck tail and run all the time.
Did you "take it to the mat"!?
When you fight, do you dress up as The Revolting Blob......(refer to the movie Billy Madison)

Great. Glad to see you got a pay raise.
Your old 190 rates are what delta took into court to show the judge just how "over paid" the comair guys were for flying the 70 seaters.
Funny how proud you are of your rates now.

Try some research; the 190 rates I started with at B6 were well above OH's pre-bankruptcy 70 seat rates. I also helped with the JBPA campaign which was a large factor in us obtaining a raise, and am supporting the drive for ALPA, so yeah I am proud of our rates now. What exactly are you doing for the profession over at VA, while you scream about w************************* and scumbags? Hypocrite.

I suggest you do your research, your 190 pay rates were below comairs 70 seat pay rates. check you facts.

at one stage I seem to remember your 12th year 190 captains pay was around $89. that was lower than 50 seat pay at clownair.

Yes, the B6 190 CA pay was that low at one time. At the same time 190 FOs started at 37/hr... And I chose not to work there until the payrates came up. I started under rates of 47/hr for first year FOs, and CAs started at 80/hr year one and topped out at 100, after 12 years.

All of the above was too low, and I've worked with the organizing effort to bring it up since I got here. It's still too low... In the meantime, I don't scream and gripe at Regional pilots for the ills of the industry while working at the lowest-paid narrowbody operator in the country.

ALPA has proven that they are entirely unwilling to protect their prized bar-raisers, as we've seen with Comair. Worse than this, even as ALPA stands by and watches the last union success story disappear, they don't even allow the Comair pilots martyrdom status. They just blame them for the RJDC and a misguided seniority resignation policy circa 2003. Swallow your pride ALPA and show you've got the balls to stand up for those who had the balls to fight for you!
And the biggest hypocrisy of all will be when Comair closes it's doors, another ALPA carrier will be there to pick up the flying. Where's this "ALPA Unity" we keep hearing about? Eagle pilots...ASA pilots...Mesa pilots...TSA pilots? What are you guys doing to protect your ALPA brothers at Comair? The ALPA "house" is already divided amongst itself.

Fantastic post, BVT.

Last edited:
ALPA isn't to blame for idiots at other regionals refusing to fight for what they deserve.
On the contrary! Are the MEC's to be held blameless when they tell the pilot group to vote for some P.O.S. TA because "it's the best they could get"? Where's the leadership??? I don't see it at the MEC level and certainly not the National level

Latest resources

Back