• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA MEC tells Gary Kelly no thanks..again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OYS has a hard time understanding this. Clueless really.

Great post Andy as always. There's a ton of people on here that just simply comprohend the truth and the many different facets to this purchase.

RF

I respectfully disagree on your assessment of OYS. While he has a different point of view than me, he raises some valid points. OYS and I have the advantage of being emotionally detached from the subject. ... I personally believe that OYS is an ex-UAL, current DAL pilot coming off of probation. I haven't scrolled through his posting history but seem to recall him being one of the 2172.
I can guarantee that more than a couple of my posts draw the same response from AirTran pilots - a couple have (understandably) taken shots at me. Best strategy? Read the opposing person's argument and formulate a factual counterargument to it. If you take that approach, you'll find that after the verbal jousting is over, you've strengthened your position because you've now incorporated/disarmed the other person's argument/position and have made your argument stronger.
I've certainly rolled around in the mud many a time on this board so I don't have much room to speak on not doing so, but I think that a witty response goes a lot further. JMHO.

I will let the experts deal with it until such a time I am afforded a vote. If it goes to Arby's, my life will go on. I might be disappointed I might not. Either way, getting as spooled up as people do on this forum is a sure way to medical out young. That's quality of life none of us signed up for. Best of luck to us all!
Well said.

Why all the fear mongering? I understand the desire to steam roll the other pilot group, but they chose option B...let an arbritor decide. Why the SWAPA fear?

Because they know they're wrong. Period, end of story.

"Morris was sold without labor protective agreements, that Morris pilots were not under contract, and that Morris pilots had no agreements with Morris to protect their seniority."

Yep, apples and oranges.

Bad assumption. I wasn't even on the list during the NWA/Republic merger. It does show your lack of mental intellect to resort to name calling--Hypocrite.

I guess that's what you do when you can't answer the question. Instead of a fair integration, you want to change the subject and/or start calling names.

Good luck steam rolling over the AT guys. I know good guys on both lists. Obviously there are some mental idiots among the ranks as well.

The entire FI discussion in a nutshell.

nicknamed the "Viper" airlines amoungst others?

Actually, the nickname was "Cobra" but you reveal your lack of knowledge/intellect once again.

Not lecturing big fella--just asking a question. Guess you're not capable of answering. So be it. Enjoy arbritration.

They won't.

After your SLI is over, you may want that rec. Be nice, and it's yours! Godspeed!

Yeah, there are a bunch of SWA f/os who are going to enjoy yanking gear for the next 15 years. Oh well, they'll get paid a lot of money.....

I'm being told by a SWA pilot in another thread that the SWAPA will not even be negotiating in good faith this week, If this is true, why did SWAPA invite AT to further negotiating sessions in the first place? Instigating sham negotiations is a questionable tactic, to say the least. Very disappointing, if true.

Are you surprised? Really?

Ther you go again. It seems that some of you just can't discuss anything without resorting to personal insults. Very sad.

Yep. Threats and name calling. That's all they got.

Yep. Threats and name calling. That's all they got.
That along with a stronger union, better resources and the strongest company in the world backing SWAPA. 40 year history of profitability, never furloughed, growth plans, balance sheet, safety record, etc. etc. etc. You get the picture.

SWA guys, Flightinfo is like a strip club in Abilene Tx. NOT worth going too. You know what I mean. Get on Prune if you want to vent or argue, but not here. We are not helping anyone here. If you have to come to fI.com, be a read only type of guy/gal. Enough of the bickering. AT guys are fighting for their lives, we are fighting for money. This will never lead to a good debate. Nobody wins. Not them, not us. Leave it alone. I will too.

Bake,

AT guys are fighting for their lives, we are fighting for money. This will never lead to a good debate. Nobody wins. Not them, not us. Leave it alone. I will too.
AT guys are not fighting for their lives and we're not fighting for money. We already have the contract. We are already SWA pilots. As Steve Chase (your union president said)

" [FONT=Palatino Linotype, Palatino, Helvetica]AirTran decided that $2 million extra in career earnings per pilot and a job with the best airline in aviation wasn’t enough for them. They want your seniority too. That’s not something SWAPA is willing to give them."

[/FONT]

Some animosity? There was a lot of animosity. For years. There were Republic pilot friends of mine who all Vietnam vets, F4's, A4 drivers who were early 70's hires at Hughes Airwest, who still couldn't hold anything but the left seat of an old,broken down DC9 in the late 80's, while guys 20 years younger or more with 84 hire dates at Northwest were left seat in the DC10,757 after being on the property for 5 or 6 years. No big deal. That was fair right?

"this led to fences off of the wide body equipment. Other than that,it was a DOH merger"

Sounds good to me. DOH merger. Fence ATL and the 717's. And rescind the pay upgrade for the 717. Sounds fair to me.

Also, you might want to expound a little further as to the animosity on BOTH sides of Republic/Northwest. Why were the Northwest pilots upset? I realize if you actually put it out there, it may expose the hypocrisy of many ALPA pilots in general and more than a few ALPA pilots on this forum from other airlines in particular. There is that darn "Emperor with No Clothes" again.

DOH can kiss my #$@. These airlines arent equal. Sacha why dont you put a sock in it.

Latest resources

Back