• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8th year ScabWest CRJ 700/900 CA $74

8th year XJT Emb 145 CA $73.28

ScabWest pay $1.05 (or less) per seat
XJT pay $1.46 per seat

39% higher pay than ScabWest

Maybe Jerry just has a really small f&#k stick, so you can't feel it?

What's the NWA and UAL 747 pay per seat..... research that and get back to me.....

That's because you're an open time whore. Anyone can make tons of money, even on crap payrates, if they whore themselves out for 99.9 hours of block per month. Most of us would prefer to actually see our own houses instead of yet another night in a hotel, however.

More of the pot calling the kettle black...... You paid to sit in the right seat, then you went to PCL, and then to Air Tran..... You know all about being a whore don't you.....

More of the pot calling the kettle black...... You paid to sit in the right seat, then you went to PCL, and then to Air Tran..... You know all about being a whore don't you.....

This coming from a man who paid for his job at ASA, then weaseled his way onto the negotiating committee and used his power in that position to use negotiating leverage to get back half of his PFT money? Some of the other people here might actually have some credibility in attacking my PFT mistake, but you have none.

This coming from a man who paid for his job at ASA, then weaseled his way onto the negotiating committee and used his power in that position to use negotiating leverage to get back half of his PFT money? Some of the other people here might actually have some credibility in attacking my PFT mistake, but you have none.

The PFT reimbursement was started by the negotiating committee before me.... you might want to get your facts straight before you attack..... In addition it polled very high in the Wilson polling..... you do support Wilson polling don't you?

I PFT because that is what I needed to do to advance my situation.... I don't pretend to put a collective interest ahead of my interest...... In the end we all do what is best for number one.... and number one ain't you.... You did what is best for you, and I will do what is best for me...... at least I admit it.....

All you PFT'rs just want to make me :puke:

Anyone who get's into this business today is a PFT.....one way or the other...... we are all whores.... just some of us don't want to admit it....

Originally Posted by SkyNation
good points. Of course we'd all like to make more money. I want to make as much as I can while allowing our company to remain strong, competitive, and well positioned for the future. where that balance is struck is open to debate. I'm happy where I'm at, my buddy likes XJT. that's what matters most, really.

I think anyone can agree with that. Being happy at your job is more important than anything. Which makes me wonder, why is there a significant amount of attrition at skywest? Maybe to fly the big iron, maybe in search of something better, who knows?

A friend of mine, who doesn't work at xjt or skywest, asked me why I thought you guys should vote in alpa a while ago. I explained it to him like this: Why not make skywest the last place you'll ever work? If you don't care about flying the big stuff, why would you want to start over? Losing seniority sucks, as does the crap first year pay at the majors. Why not at least try to get a contract with improved pay, cola, work rules, etc?... I suppose it doesn't matter now though.

I wish I could make xjt the last place I'll work, but unfortunately we don't have base I want to live in and I don't plan on commuting for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
good points. Of course we'd all like to make more money. I want to make as much as I can while allowing our company to remain strong, competitive, and well positioned for the future. where that balance is struck is open to debate. I'm happy where I'm at, my buddy likes XJT. that's what matters most, really.

Remaining "strong, competitive, and well positioned for the future", is one thing...allowing the employees who positioned them at the top to slide backward year after year with no COLA is wrong!!!The company has no excuse not to continue paying us the COLA they always paid for the first 28 years they were in business! I know the inflation rate in SLC is a lot less than in my domicile, but you need to stop pretending that everything still costs you what it did 7 years ago, and that it will continue not to go up for the next 4 years!!! Eleven years with no COLA from a company as successful as Skyw is wrong period end of the story!

Last edited:
I'm all for a COLA. Look at where we are today, then compare it to 5 years from now. I'll bet we'll still be doing better than our counterparts then. How that will play out is anyones guess.

Latest resources

Back