• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1) Ignorance appears blissful, to the extent Rez asked for an answer and got one; he just didn't like it. Of course, what I said is true, though the premise behind the original question is inane.

2) Seat-basis for comparison? I make a lot more than mainline 737, 747, 757, 767, and tripple drivers if that is the case. Actually, now that I think about it, eveb a lowly SKYW EMB 8YR CA makes more than 60% of my hourly rate [a seat comparison], so he must make more than me. Boy, this whole compensation thing is upside down.

3) If this board wasn't for PCL, JP, & ROL slapping each other on the back, it would be worth reading. Do you guys go to bed angry every night, or just bitch about people incessantly?

1)
3) If this board wasn't for PCL, JP, & ROL slapping each other on the back, it would be worth reading. Do you guys go to bed angry every night, or just bitch about people incessantly?

WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Remaining "strong, competitive, and well positioned for the future", is one thing...allowing the employees who positioned them at the top to slide backward year after year with no COLA is wrong!!!The company has no excuse not to continue paying us the COLA they always paid for the first 28 years they were in business! I know the inflation rate in SLC is a lot less than in my domicile, but you need to stop pretending that everything still costs you what it did 7 years ago, and that it will continue not to go up for the next 4 years!!! Eleven years with no COLA from a company as successful as Skyw is wrong period end of the story!

Gee, I don't know, how about less than a 5% profit margin? How low should the profit margin be? And don't try to tell me that your W-2 hasn't gone up in the last 7 years. To imply that your pay does not continue to increase, and at a rate faster than virtually every other regional (including Horizon!) is a lie. ALPA likes to blame all things on management and yet it is ALPA that expects to set all of the major expenses for the company and if the company can't compete with the high level of expenses ALPA has forced under threat of a crippling strike then it is MANAGEMENT'S FAULT!!!! Tell me ALPA business leaders, what will tomorrow's market be like? Because you are always talking about the good old days but what will tomorrow be like? Management might be preparing for another rainy day with their whopping 5% margin and $400 million cash reserves.

Fly the airplane, let management try to run a profitable company in this crazy environment. Without unions, how did the 90% of non-union private sector employees ever get a pay raise or health benefits? Why is it that union rants and rumors never come to pass in non-union industries?

Without unions, how did the 90% of non-union private sector employees ever get a pay raise or health benefits? Why is it that union rants and rumors never come to pass in non-union industries?

You're living in a fantasy world. The wages and benefits of middle- and lower-class workers have been declining for years when corrected for inflation. The "little people" aren't getting any real pay raises, and they're being crippled by rising healthcare and retirement costs.

Gee, I don't know, how about less than a 5% profit margin? How low should the profit margin be? And don't try to tell me that your W-2 hasn't gone up in the last 7 years. To imply that your pay does not continue to increase, and at a rate faster than virtually every other regional (including Horizon!) is a lie. ALPA likes to blame all things on management and yet it is ALPA that expects to set all of the major expenses for the company and if the company can't compete with the high level of expenses ALPA has forced under threat of a crippling strike then it is MANAGEMENT'S FAULT!!!! Tell me ALPA business leaders, what will tomorrow's market be like? Because you are always talking about the good old days but what will tomorrow be like? Management might be preparing for another rainy day with their whopping 5% margin and $400 million cash reserves.

Fly the airplane, let management try to run a profitable company in this crazy environment. Without unions, how did the 90% of non-union private sector employees ever get a pay raise or health benefits? Why is it that union rants and rumors never come to pass in non-union industries?

You might want to try and start dealing with facts, not fiction...

Skywest profit margins have been in double digits almost every quarter of every year(and that's Net profit margins not gross profit margins)!

No, my W2 has not been going up...haven't gotten a longevity raise in some time(and longevity raises have never included COLA, for 28 years we got both longevity AND COLA)!

Finally Skywest has about double the 400 million you made up(or however you came up with that number)!

Last edited:
Here you go:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SKYW

Profit margin: 4.57%

You got me on the cash however:
Total cash: $660.4 M

And don't forget this one:
Total debt: $1.91 B

I know that unions despise profits of any form so tell me, what should their profit margin be? 2%? That leaves a lot of cushion for the next downturn doesn't it? It is after all, a very cyclical industry.

Here you go:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SKYW

Profit margin: 4.57%

You got me on the cash however:
Total cash: $660.4 M

And don't forget this one:
Total debt: $1.91 B

I know that unions despise profits of any form so tell me, what should their profit margin be? 2%? That leaves a lot of cushion for the next downturn doesn't it? It is after all, a very cyclical industry.

If you check you'll see that margin was from the quarter prior to the latest one...the majority of the quarters have had higher margins!

You're living in a fantasy world. The wages and benefits of middle- and lower-class workers have been declining for years when corrected for inflation. The "little people" aren't getting any real pay raises, and they're being crippled by rising healthcare and retirement costs.

You are sounding more and more like Hillary every day.... We used to agree on politics, but we can't even agree on that.....

It simply isn't true about the lower and middle class..... That is nothing more than class warfare....

Read this article....
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010855

In the interest of being "fair and balanced", I encourage you to provide your evidence and I will read it....

Latest resources

Back