ALPA Endorses GJ Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
synchoff said:
... and lost recall rights with the USAir merger with America West.
Wrong!! Their recall rights are not only still intact but are set in stone by the Transition Agreement.

BenderGonzales said:
I think it's BS.

If you go to www.usairwayspilots.org you can read the actual text of the Nov 1st codeaphone.

http://crewroom.alpa.org/aaa/DesktopModules/CodePhone/ViewCodeaPhone.aspx?DocumentID=1489

No it is not, I almost fell over when I checked my email last night when I got home from my trip at about 11:15pm. I got the code-a-phone via email. I was also posted on the yahoo group site. I looked on the U ALPA site and yes there is was listed in the "jobs" section along with Pace and some charter jobs that have been on there for awhile.

I will give credit where it is due however and see that they have reissued the code-a-phone dropping off the GJ part. While this is a small occurance of your MEC it shows you guys just how out of touch with the current industry some (yes there are good ones) of our MEC members are. This is what we (U ALPA members) deal with.

TWA Dude said:
Wrong!! Their recall rights are not only still intact but are set in stone by the Transition Agreement.

Huh. My bad, I guess. Thought I talked to a one time USAir guy (now a Mesa guy) who said that they lost recall rights with the merger.

But if you're 50+ and 18 years back-furloughed, you ain't going back anytime soon (like, before you turn 60.) Kind of a moot point.

Hell, EVEN MORE REASON TO TAKE THE GJ JOB. . . .since you have a "guaranteed" slot at USAir. Again, these guys are 25+ year airline pro's, and don't give a rats about what the pipsqueaks on regonal forumns think.

USairways ALPA has admitted to the error and is working on correcting the statement. How, I don't know.

logolight said:
USairways ALPA has admitted to the error and is working on correcting the statement. How, I don't know.

They'll say we're sorry it was an oversight and give Worthless a bonus :D

Latest resources

Back