ALPA Defeats Emirates in Rent-A-Code Scheme

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oh poor first officer jenny, will never be a widebody captain...tear in my beer

Really? How do you know that? 4500 guys senior to me will retire over the next decade, meaning I will be a widebody Capt. Where will you be in the meantime? Probably Khartoum, Douala, Tripoli, Tehran, Sana'a, Kabul, and other lovely spots. That would absolutely suck, and you have very little say in where you go. Trip trades are almost non existent, and you can fly 90 hours of hard time each month, whereas most of our INTL longhaul trips have lots of credit time built in. What does that mean? It means you fly a lot, to many undesirable places, with no say or bidding power, and you get to come back to a super hot, traffic filled city that your family wishes was closer to family back here. That sucks!

You keep saying "poor" GL. Do you mean poor paywise? That just isn't the case. Do you mean because I don't fly your mighty 777-300ER or A380? I wouldn't fly any of your planes or any Gulf carrier out of the Sandpit. Typhoonpilot leaving shows there is an expiration date to your happiness there. He was probably very senior, but wanted out. That should say something to you.

"Poor little Sugar Sugar"---- I can't wait for you to come back and apply to LCCs to hopefully fly turns to FLA..... Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You are not lying, you are skewing the facts in your favor and leaving out half of the story to try to make it look like your point of view is the obvious choice.

Yes, you go to jail if you can't pay but the rest of the story is that......the owners of the company here will go to jail if they can not honor their debts. It would be nice to see all the crook US airline CEO's from the last decade in the slammer, wouldn't it?

By the way, what is with the Vietnam bashing. Have you ever even been to Vietnam? Direct question....direct answer.

Skewing the facts? About the Aussie lady who was raped and then jailed? I don't think so. Go on YouTube and watch her interview. As far as BK goes, some CEOs and CFOs do go to prison when illegal activities were involved. Look up Enron.

I tried to go to Vietnam when DL did go there from NRT, but eventually it was cut. My problem with what your friend did was he went over there and got SIC. Not PIC, but across the globe for RJ SIC.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

It's a waste of time to correct your misinformation. But just in case someone is reading your posts and thinking about going to EK I will correct a few of your mistakes. It is quite easy to trip trade. I do it every month. The maximum days off in a row for trip trading is 7 not 5. Not sure where you heard that. I am in the middle of 7 off right now. So you are simply WRONG.

The middle east destinations you mentioned are all turn arounds. You don't layover in DOH, KWI, Tehran, etc. So for pilots who like to be home every night they are perfect trips. You can be home virtually every day of the month if you swap your layovers for turns. If you like layovers then EK destinations beat DAL hands down. No comparison. Your clapped out 767 cannot compete with the variety on the EK777 fleet. Take a look at an EK route map.

We have Rest Days here as well. it's not considered an OFF day even though you don't go to work. So my usual 14-15 OFF days plus my 2-3 rest days means a normal month is 16-18 OFF days using a US scheduling system. Add in 42 days of vacation per year and our rosters are not that bad. I have been averaging about 750 hours per year.

There are lots of things wrong with EK but you consistently post misinformation. And dude if you are living the Delta dream (ice cream sundae and all) why are you spending every waking minute on FI? Life must be amazing for you to have the time to break 18,000 posts.

Last edited:
Looking ahead now, there has to be huge hiring just to cover Age 65 retirements.

We'll see, General, we'll see...It's been at best a trickle so far.

You forgot Kabul, announced the same day? Who gets to go there? Can you trade trips or drop those? Not according to people on APC, and they aren't happy. How's Khartoum and Tripoli, btw?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Again, you have no constructive answer so you chose a ridiculous and pointless argument. It is kind of like me bashing Delta for deciding to initiate Atlanta to Tupelo, MS. If they make money on it, go for it.

Care to comment on why a Local government in the US would subsidize Emirates with taxpayer dollars rather than trying to attract a US carrier to do the same pairing with their crap service or do you just want to try and side line the real issue as you normally do?

Skewing the facts? About the Aussie lady who was raped and then jailed? I don't think so. Go on YouTube and watch her interview. As far as BK goes, some CEOs and CFOs do go to prison when illegal activities were involved. Look up Enron.

I tried to go to Vietnam when DL did go there from NRT, but eventually it was cut. My problem with what your friend did was he went over there and got SIC. Not PIC, but across the globe for RJ SIC.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If you think that travesties in the legal system do not occur in the US, you are fooling yourself. Again, you sideline the issue we were discussing because you don't have a constructive comment or suggestion about the real issue so you bring up an emotional story that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Why do you care what anyone did regarding their own personal flight time?

And dude if you are living the Delta dream (ice cream sundae and all) why are you spending every waking minute on FI? Life must be amazing for you to have the time to break 18,000 posts.

Exactly! She's such a putz, just loves to bash regional pilots, SWA pilots, and now it's those flying overseas turn I guess. What Jenny doesn't realize is not everyone can be at the majors, especially with little or no growth there, or choose not to. And hiring hasn't been what she spouts about all the time, and regardless of retirements coming up it doesn't appear there will be enough hiring for many of us lowly regional types to move on, at the very least for years anyway.

Oh poor lil FO GL,

He was spoken to by the FI moderators on toning it down ...and it lasted five days..yawn.

I have absolutely no problem with American tax dollars (I also pay US tax ...ehh..after I pocket my first $100k tax free in salary and my $55000 tax free in housing allowance under IRS 2555...into my US FDIC bank account) ...demanding that their troops fly American carriers...

Anyhow not sure where they would fit...we're full every flight...BOS bout to come too, great stuff.

I also think that DAL is a good gig...and I would go back to DAL in a heartbeat if they they start to hire DECs into the LHS of a 777...and before you get menopausal on me...

Plenty of DAL, US, AA, NWA, CAL (in fairness to SWA - not one ex LUV Capt came to EK DEC unlike like all the majors mentioned - I digress) guys who paid their ALPA dues over the years and no doubt spouted off (just like you) on scabs, RJ guys stealing our jobs, LCC guys lowering the bar, SWA guys PFT, foreign carriers taking our turf....who pitched up at EK for their final years as DECs...about as principled as your FI etiquette is..

Moving on ...good ole American employment is about to get a major boost with the pending order from Emirates for the 777x...

Back to Lucille and your 'footrest' (tell me that rumor is not true) for ur lil hop across the pond...

Poor lil FO GL

fv

You don't need to tell us all the advantages of being employed in the Middle East. We all know the advantages, and have decided that living there would never be worth it. Thanks for sharing.

Latest resources

Back