ALPA Defeats Emirates in Rent-A-Code Scheme

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time will tell........!

#4 just for the record. 5 star rating by Sytrax for 2013.

My time at home is fantastic, thank you for your concern. Keep enjoying that artificial vanilla flavored crap they so call ice cream, covered with that colored chemical topping that can be left unrefrigerated for a couple of years and won't even grow mold on it. I'll keep enjoying desserts by Pierre Herme'

Good luck with that " there is nothing but blue skies ahead" theory. :rolleyes:

Same for you in Japan. Good luck with that and those fancy desserts. That would totally make a commute across the World worth it! Yes!!?!

Konichiwa and sayonara!

Bye Bye---General Lee

This message is hidden because General Lee is on your ignore list.

Seriously? What, like 5 or 10 bucks maybe? Couple hundred?

Here's how much these tickets cost: a lot. Period. This money needs to be spent with US carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Our national budget is in shambles. 5, 10, couple hundred, they need to save wherever they can. If Emirates offers a cheaper ticket than Delta, it is our taxpayer money that should be spent in a cost effective way.

Our national budget is in shambles. 5, 10, couple hundred, they need to save wherever they can. If Emirates offers a cheaper ticket than Delta, it is our taxpayer money that should be spent in a cost effective way.

Very foolish and shortsighted way to look at the situation. There's them, and there's us. Pick a side. It's just like their oil. We might spend a little more to reduce our dependence on the oil they sell us, but that money would come back to us by a factor of ten if we could put them over the barrel and not us. Not only that, If you remove the dollars the Emir pumps into his airline, there is no cost advantage meaning they do not have cheaper tickets. Going on 20 years being around Houston and I have a lot of friends who have worked in that part of the world for a long time. None of them believe EK is sustainable.

Last edited:
Disdain for US legacies is unbelievable. It's like half the posters on here would like nothing more than for our Country to get out of the big airline business. When these airlines are gone, they're gone. You can grow an EK out of thin air and big dollars but they're a lot more fragile entities and can not do what we need them to do in the future.

Last edited:
Disdain for US legacies is unbelievable. It's like half the posters on here would like nothing more than for our Country to get out of the big airline business. When these airlines are gone, they're gone. You can grow an EK out of thin air and big dollars but they're a lot more fragile entities and can not do what we need them to do in the future.

It is pure jealousy. The remaining legacies will have better wages and unbelievable upward movement as pilots retire in droves at 65 or earlier. Those flying at US LCCs or flying abroad will be left mouth agape.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Very foolish and shortsighted way to look at the situation. There's them, and there's us. Pick a side. It's just like their oil. We might spend a little more to reduce our dependence on the oil they sell us, but that money would come back to us by a factor of ten if we could put them over the barrel and not us. Not only that, If you remove the dollars the Emir pumps into his airline, there is no cost advantage meaning they do not have cheaper tickets. Going on 20 years being around Houston and I have a lot of friends who have worked in that part of the world for a long time. None of them believe EK is sustainable.

Emir.....? You are thinking Qatar not Emirates and you are correct about the Qatari Emir pumping money into his money losing airline. The government of Dubai does not have money to throw at Emirates. Emirates is throwing money at the government of Dubai....quite the opposite. Dubai is operating on loans and there is no more oil.

This isn't about disdain for US carriers. I would love for a US carrier to step up to the plate and provide a quality product but it just isn't happening. Then you have some "jackholes" (their word, not mine) on here who are so shortsighted they can only make senseless comments and insults directed at pilots who chose to work abroad during difficult times rather than stick around at a bottom feeding crap regional. We are all ultimately doing the same thing in the end.....earning a paycheck so we can live. It is just annoying when you have people pretending to know something about something they know nothing about.

In a perfect world, every US carrier that took advantage of bankruptcy code to cut costs while also raping their employees of negotiated pay and benefits should be required to purchase only American made aircraft....but that will never happen.

Emir.....? You are thinking Qatar not Emirates and you are correct about the Qatari Emir pumping money into his money losing airline. The government of Dubai does not have money to throw at Emirates. Emirates is throwing money at the government of Dubai....quite the opposite. Dubai is operating on loans and there is no more oil.

This isn't about disdain for US carriers. I would love for a US carrier to step up to the plate and provide a quality product but it just isn't happening. Then you have some "jackholes" (their word, not mine) on here who are so shortsighted they can only make senseless comments and insults directed at pilots who chose to work abroad during difficult times rather than stick around at a bottom feeding crap regional. We are all ultimately doing the same thing in the end.....earning a paycheck so we can live. It is just annoying when you have people pretending to know something about something they know nothing about.

In a perfect world, every US carrier that took advantage of bankruptcy code to cut costs while also raping their employees of negotiated pay and benefits should be required to purchase only American made aircraft....but that will never happen.

Varmint, the USA is a land of second chances. That's what makes it great. You can go BK and SURVIVE. In the ME, you get thrown in jail after being raped. Am I lying? And, the products are improving.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Same ole Jenny, pathetic.

This from an RJ Pilot who went to Vietnam to get more SIC time?? Say what?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back