Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freight Dog

From ALPA BRP survey:

The FAA proposal involves a process called Notice of Proposed Rule Making or NPRM. During the NPRM phase, the FAA will consider comments by the general public and interested parties. Suppose that during the NPRM process, it became evident that the FAA is determined to change age 60 rule and that the rule will, in fact, change. Under these circumstances, how important do you feel it is for ALPA to be actively engaged in the rule-making process?

I just love how they spun this survey...

The FAA said it will make the NPRM so it's self-evident. I just took the survey and I think it's above average for ALPA. For the record, I oppose the change.

Batting cleanup then I tried to homer it out of the park.

No way ALPA should support this possible change.

FJ

I thought the survey was excellent. I'm glad they're doing more than just the WC polling.

Here's what I wrote in the comments section:

We all knew the rules going in, and I'll be damned if I'm going to forgoe upgrade and spend more time away from my family in order to make somebody whole, while the executives that ran his airline into the ground and scuttled our CBA's, walk off with their big bonus. I want my union to fight for these older guys. Not in the arena of working more years, but in the process of holding these airlines accountable for the promises they made their employees. I'm willing to expend negotiating capital for just that premise. I'm not willing to work till I die.

I'll tell ya how ALPA can get involved in the rule making process. Fight tooth and nail to keep the rule from ever seeing the light of day. Time to step up to the plate and support the views of the majority of the membership ALPA!!

Time to step up to the plate and support the views of the majority of the membership ALPA!!

how many times have we filled out one of these surveys? myself thats the 3rd or 4th between the FAA, ALPA and the U MEC. Even when some of these guys try to scew the survey on favor of changing the rule the survey(s) clearly indicate the vast majority do not want a change.

Saabs right - time to stop trying to skew the results - its plain and clear what the professional 121 pilots in this country think. Leave it be. We have much bigger problems to be wasting time on age 60 anyway.

Can we vote to strip Duane Woerth of his ALPA pension? Maybe that would change the perspective at the trough...er, I mean ALPA National. TC

I just completed the survey.

I wrote that ALPA's silence at every critical junction during the process thus far has been evidence of ALPA's promotion of age 65.

This is a civil war issue and I want to fight if a windfall is created for those that allowed their bankrupt carriers to destroy this professions potential.

Age 65 will do nothing but create a surplus of pilots lowering wages, eliminating retirement benefits, increasing medical insurance and LTD rates, and handing the companies another victory at the expense of hard working pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back