• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA BRP survey question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it is self evident it is going to be changed, so be it.

But, ALPA can negotiate contracts that still require it, or make it so difficult that the airline will not want it.

For FedEx guys it is potentially a two million dollar difference in pay and benefits. It seems like an issue the pilots need to work out on their own seniority list.

I too was unable to vote Andy and I am an active member. I keep getting the same message

'D:\inetpub\WWWroot\ballotpoint\SP_ALPA\cgi-bin\loginconfirm.pl' script produced no output

I have emailed ALPA regarding this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed.

I too was unable to vote Andy and I am an active member. I keep getting the same message

'D:\inetpub\WWWroot\ballotpoint\SP_ALPA\cgi-bin\loginconfirm.pl' script produced no output

I have emailed ALPA regarding this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Yep, that's the message that I got. I guess that there's more than one way to effect the results.

Yep, that's the message that I got. I guess that there's more than one way to effect the results.

Relax, guys. I got the same message, and I'm a rep! It's not some crazy conspiracy. :rolleyes:

I'll talk with someone in Herndon tomorrow to see if they can get it fixed.

If it is self evident it is going to be changed, so be it.

But, ALPA can negotiate contracts that still require it, or make it so difficult that the airline will not want it.

That would never fly... if it becomes the law of the land that the mandatory retirement age for pilots gets raised to 65, various airlines won't be able to restrict their pilots from flying to 65 if they can hold their class 1 medical.

More likely scenario is that the pilot group will either take paycuts or get their retirement contributions/benefits slashed because they just got 5 more years to work.

I can just hear it...

Company: "If the average age at death is 75, and the retirement age was just raised to 65, we no longer need to fund 15 years worth of retirement, only 10. So we'll need to reduce your B-plan contribution from 10% to 5% to be competitive with Air Kazakhstan and Borat Airways."

ALPA: "If saying yes to that means we're upholding the highest pragmatic standards, by all means, where do we sign?"

The following month in the ALPA rag:

Geezer Airlines has reached a tentative agreement with its pilot group that recognizes the sacrifices of the pilot group, protects the job security and also gives the Company savings it needs to be competitive.

Then we'll be reading Flightinfo for some odd reason and our two Pinnacle brothers, Rez and PCL128 will be preaching how it was inevitable and it was in ALPA's interests to be pragmatic about the issue.

Around and around we go.... :D

I think it's great that the "hard working" that the $100K+/yr secretaries and advisors at ALPA National can't even get a simple computer survey to work. Good thing all of our money is going to good use! Yeah ALPA.

Latest resources

Back