• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA BRP survey question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check Airmen have integrity at "my house" too. If yours don't, you need to call your POI, instead of complaining about it on the FI boards.

There are only two possibilities here:

1) Yours is the ONLY airline where such high, unwavering standards occur.

2) You don't know what you're talking about and are totally clueless.

Since just about all of us know at least a couple pilots with questionable ability at your airline who are flying the line, I'm going to conclude that your airline is no different than the rest.

I think you are correct. My guess is that is why they changed the password to employee numbers on the survey. The initial results must be HEAVILY against change so they thought the survey was tampered.

No, the password was changed because many members (rightfully) complained about the generic password being used. The results aren't even available until the day the survey closes.

-Neal

Guys...I see a silver lining..

They asked before about a change. We screamed "NO!".

New sheriff....new situation....new poll.

My best guess is by 65% we again scream "No, no, and hell no!"

Spin or not--there won't be many mixed messages on the survey. The Prater--like it or not--can show his spots by how he deals with the issue. If he goes "pragmatic", well...I forecast a lot of under 50 guys will be "pragmatic" too as they seek to vote in the teamsters or an independent union in the coming years. ALPA has a great chance to reinforce that it will support the majority of its members, or a chance to shoot off its big toe and try to tell us its raining while they pee on our heads.

APA may not be able to change the rule--but at least they took a firm stand. With 2000 guys furloughed how could they not?

Should be interesting when results come out. Anyone know when they are to be published?

Albie,

ALPA is polling again because in order to best represent its membership, it needs accurate up to date information. The last polling and surveying was done over 2 years ago. In that time, many pilots have retired and many more have been hired. In other words, demographics have shifted and the leadership needs to know what the membership wants if it is going to effectively manage its way through this issue.

You know me personally...and should still have my number. Give me a call if you want to talk further about this issue. I'm around all day tomorrow. If you don't have my number anymore, shoot me a PM.

-Neal

Poorly written survey. Clearly written with a bias. Here is how the survey should have looked:

Do you support changing the mandatory retirement age to more than 60 year old?

1. Yes
2. No

Add up the answers, get a consensus, and then get off your ass and lobby against it like ALPA should have been doing since after the last survey.

The survey actually asks that exact question. It also asks other questions in order to gauge the memberships sentiments on these issues under various sets of assumptions. There is NO bias in the make up of this survey. I can assure you of that fact.

And are you aware of ALPA's current PAC activities on this issue? You seem to be making broad stroke assumptions. Please call the ALPA Governmental Affairs office and get the straight scoop. I think you will be surprised in what you find out.

-Neal

Took the survey two days ago. I voted no on any question having to do with raising the retirement age. One of the questions asked ( I am not sure which one) if the retirement age was to be raised, should ALPA try to keep it at 62. I wrote no. My first remark was to leave the age limit where it is. My second was-since the FAA wants to have one pilot in the flight deck under age 60, then it MUST be the Capain. If the FAA thinks part of this is a safety issue by having two pilots over age 60 in the flight deck, then why can one of them still be CA. To me that makes no sence. So if a pilot wants to continue to fly under the possible upcoming new rule, they should not be able to hold a CA position beyond age 59. At age 60 they can fly the right seat. This would satisfy the FAA wanting one pilot in the flight deck under age 60, and at the same time promote growth (ie upgrades) from within the airline.
Again, the best (my opinion) answer is to leave the age limit where it stands.

ALPA is polling again because in order to best represent its membership, it needs accurate up to date information. The last polling and surveying was done over 2 years ago. In that time, many pilots have retired and many more have been hired. In other words, demographics have shifted and the leadership needs to know what the membership wants if it is going to effectively manage its way through this issue.

In addition, two years ago, only 1/3 of the membership bothered to particpate. It simply wasn't important...

All you who want the age to remain at 60 should be screaming bloody murder for ALPA to oppose letting foreign airlines fly in our airspace with pilots over the age of 60 because it is such a hazard.
Obviously some ALPA members want to see age 60 change, John Prater didn't hide his views on it and somebody had to vote for him or he wouldn't have been elected.

Airfogey

Latest resources

Back