ALPA at Jetlbue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Blue....

Spin the idea that you can hire an insubordinate General to be on your board and that allows you to speak up at those touchy feely people meetings when you want to voice your opinion......General Stan will understand.

Or you could get a union......

As a McDonald's crewmember, no one checked with me about my corporate officers testifying on minimum wage laws-- and they certainly didn't talk to me about bringing the McRib back either!!!

It's time for a fast food union!!! There should be a limit on how long I must work the fryer or flip burgers. And why should I wear hats if a hair net will do?

The average McDonalds worker is not planning on making a career there, has not spent years and possibly thousands of dollars gaining the experience and qualifications to do his job, and is not responsible for the lives of 150 people every time he goes to work. Your comparison is juuuuuust a little off base.

Last edited:
As a McDonald's crewmember, no one checked with me about my corporate officers testifying on minimum wage laws-- and they certainly didn't talk to me about bringing the McRib back either!!!

It's time for a fast food union!!! There should be a limit on how long I must work the fryer or flip burgers. And why should I wear hats if a hair net will do?

Blue...............

Failed comparison. This isn't about asking pilots about consumer products and services like inflight TV and blue snack chips.

If your logic were sound, then you'd state something akin to McDonalds employees have the terms of their employment changed without their consent.

In this case, the JB pilots retirement age change was endorsed on their behalf by a representative not of their choosing. It is similar to a parent speaking for a child. The question is.. when are the JB pilots going to grow up and speak for themselves. If you need a lesson on the patriarch syndrome, just ask.

However, the JB pilots can find solace in that the Skywest pilots have Roger Cohen, the fake bake tool speak for them via the RAA....

The JB pilots can continue to allow the ATA to speak for them.....

What I find insulting is the JB pilots earn revenue for JB. JB management then takes the revenue JB pilots generate and pay dues to a union, the ATA. Yet the JB pilots get no say in how they are represented, yet they pay for it.... amazing.

ALPA was formed in 1931.
The JP pilots representation, the ATA, was formed in 1936, in part to counter the effectiveness of ALPA.

JP pilots: represented for management, by the ATA, funded by the pilots.

Im speaking up.

ALPA is unacceptable. They should not be spreading the word on company prorperty. They can organize all they want off of property. If you want to hear what they have to say, go to one of their information meetings at the hotels.

Hey company guys, how's the terminal "company property"? Last time I checked it cost 10 million just to build an outhouse on long island, so I'm guessing that terminal cost more than jetblue will ever have in assets.

If you want to find JB pilots, you're not going to go to the zoo, you're going to go to the terminal where they work.

It is similar to a parent speaking for a child. The question is.. when are the JB pilots going to grow up and speak for themselves. If you need a lesson on the patriarch syndrome, just ask.

NOTHING infuriated me more during the JBPA vote than our corporate puppet spokes-cow releasing statements like, "We don't believe third party representation is in our pilots' best interest."

Oh really Jenny?! You know what's in my best interest???

Tell you what....drop dead. I'll decide what's in best interest for me and family....thanks.

She better keep that gaping hole under her nose shut during this vote.

Best of luck to you JetBlue folks. I support ALPA at all carriers as I think power/influence by numbers is an amazing tool. Please put the time in to consider what is best for you, your fellow pilots, and the industry. I hope that ALPA at JetBlue is the conclusion you reach. Would be great to have you on board.

Is this truly how you see yourself?

After you fly airplanes for a couple of decades, many start thinking that there "is nothing to it" and "anyone can do it". The familiarity that comes with experience need not lead to self disrespect. While not all pilots are equal, surely even you bring more to the table than a hamburger flipper?

Man up and take a seat at the table as a professional. If you do not see yourself as one - perhaps it is time for a career change. If not for yourself, do it for your passengers-they deserve it.

Latest resources

Back