ALPA April magazine page 34....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-handle

ALPA 's latest magazine publish page 34.... Marilyn Manson picture.....

This is an eyeopener, coming from ALPA....

Rock on........

Wouldn't know, I throw it in the trash as soon as it comes like anything else that comes in the mail with an ALPA printed on it.

LearLove said:
Wouldn't know, I throw it in the trash as soon as it comes like anything else that comes in the mail with an ALPA printed on it.

Right.....I'm sure ALPA is the sole source of all your misery. :rolleyes:

but you don't throw away the benefits that come from alpa, i bet...

What would those be to a regional pilot!!!:eek: :eek:

WSurf- FSB99 must be asking about the ALPA receiver kneepads, i bet. Could be he has the Beebe and Duane carbon fiber insider edition models for extended use within the DC vicinity?

well, let's see.... first off, if an honest mistake happens, i can file an asap report and feel safe from enforcement action. if the company decides to tighten up the strings and make an example of me to the rest of those 'greedy pilots' during this negotiating cycle, and discipline me for something seemingly insignificant, i get free counsel in the cpo to tell my side of the story. if the company decides to disregard the contract, it may take a while, but i know i'll get restitution, via the grievance process. my pay kinda sucks right now, but i know it'll get better eventually (barring us shutting the place down, of course), and not by the kindness of management's heart. not to mention some great certificate protection insurance, cheap life insurance, ltd, etc.

alpa may not be (and trust me, isn't!) the best thing since sliced bread. but i'd rather have an organization that makes my life better some of the time, than no organization at all, trusting on management's good-nature to make my life better, easier, and safer.

acaTerry said:
Whatever you do, don't post it so anyone knows what you're talking about....
It's not on the ALPA Website yet, so I'll have to do it the hard way...

In the GLOBAL VIEW section, a one-page article entitled

Branson Seeks Virgin Shores

Keeping one step ahead of Richard Branson is never easy. ALPA has joined a group of unions and the AFL-CIO's Transportation Trades Department (TTD) in seeking to do just that. The group sent a letter to the congressional delegations of San Francisco, Boston, and northern Virginia in advance of the flamboyant British multimillionaire's reported plans to launch a new carrier, Virgin USA, and to base it in one of those jurisdictions.

And the article continues...

In the center of the page is a picture of Marilyn Manson and Richard Branson posing on a stage somewhere, the Virgin Records logo partially visible behind. They each have an arm wrapped around the other, they're leaning in towards each other to show their reciprocal affection, the tops of their coifs almost touching. Richard looks as much like a drag queen as Marilyn, sporting a Black virgin T-shirt under a black and red print smoking jacket, a 12-inch white bird nest wig with some kind of Virgin emblem embedded, and his left hand raised in a "Peace" sign. Really, it's difficult to ascertain which of the two look more ridiculous.

CAPTION:

Rhyming Couplet: Rocker Marilyn Manson, left, joins Virgin Chief Executive Officer Richard Branson at one of the mogul's high-profile 1998 publicity events for Virgin Records.

The article closes:

ALPA and the other members of the TTD will continue to educate public officials and others on this potentially devastating plan.

-------------------------------------------

Of course, the folks that have complained on this thread about ALPA will have no complaints if Branson is allowed to start up a Virgin USA, and I'm sure the good folks at JetBlue will welcome the competition.

On another note, there's a good article on America West in this issue. Looks like things are getting better around there

Latest resources

Back