• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Age 65 Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm taking my dues money and going home! ALPA can kiss my A**. Money talks, BS walks.

now get back onto your LEC meeting and particapte in democracy....05-09-2007 19:05

government by the people; especially : rule of the majority

The definition from Webster's doesn't match what we have. Autocracy perhaps, but definitely not a democracy. I have participated, PAC, meetings, numerous polls trying to change the same outcome, all to no avail. Not one more cent to PAC. Dues are the only thing that will open up ears.

Feel better... ? now get back onto your LEC meeting and particapte in democracy....

But that's the very problem, Rez. The members have participated in democracy by voting in this poll, but Prater and the EC have snubbed them and done their own thing. The senior leadership tells people to get involved, but then ignores the will of the members when they do. This is not how we encourage participation.

Wow PCL... are you finally starting to see the light?

Certainly not the way you see it. The problem we have is Prater, not ALPA in general. Your disdain for ALPA is ridiculous. What is even more ridiculous is your hatred for Duane, when Duane was our biggest advocate for keeping the Age-60 policy!!! Prater won a very narrow victory in this election, and he's responded by acting like he has some sort of madate to change policy and do whatever he feels is appropriate for ALPA, the membership be d@mned.

I miss Duane.

But that's the very problem, Rez. The members have participated in democracy by voting in this poll, but Prater and the EC have snubbed them and done their own thing. The senior leadership tells people to get involved, but then ignores the will of the members when they do. This is not how we encourage participation.

I spoke with an EVP the other day..... he was for Age 60 but understood the pragmatism of the issue. Hence the vote...

Can you understand and explain why, not just Prater, but the EC too has gone in the same direction.....

I spoke with an EVP the other day..... he was for Age 60 but understood the pragmatism of the issue. Hence the vote...

Can you understand and explain why, not just Prater, but the EC too has gone in the same direction.....

Because it is the direction they PERSONALLY wanted to go all along. They didn't even really try to hide it and the old, senior MEC members agreed with them, their constituents be damned. They have been undermining the resistance to change under the table and now they want to come out from under the table cloth, wipe their mouths and ask us to help them stab us in the back.

You can't possibly be this dense.

FJ

Because they are a bunch of old bastards with an agenda?

Because they willfully disregarded the will of its membership?

Latest resources

Back