• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Age 65 Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And yet gloabalization is going to happen...

:)

Sure! To a certain extent, very true. But what does not have to happen...what should never be allowed to happen...is a senior minority of the membership remortgaging the rest of the current membership, and all of the future membership, into a deal that serves their own selfish needs. Which is EXACTLY what age 65 seeks to do.

Look, it's great that you've decided to be optimistic. But I don't think you're being honest with yourself.

Rez... can you honestly say that ALPA actually WANTS membership participation? Because given the actions of our ALPA leadership, they don't seem to give a flying f**k about what membership wants.

So here we go:

1) Start going enmasse to the union meetings and demand our MEC starts the recall process of all ALPA officers at Herndon, and send our management a sign that ALPA's house in burning from within.

2) Say F**K ALPA! and just mind our own business... because regardless of how we feel or vote about an issue, despite the numbers, ALPA leadership is going to do as it damn well pleases...

Nice choices....

Will this also be your reccomended rational for dealing with cabotage, an unbalanced open skies agreement, or complete loss of the five freedoms/protections?

Actually, Regionaltard gets it.

Age 65 is coming with or without ALPA. Doesn't matter how many pilots vote or how they voted. When ICAO started to allow foreign pilots to fly into this country up to age 65 last November, it was over.

Congressmen are running away from ALPA on the hill. The ones ALPA used to take for granted on this issue know what the score is and their support is going soft.

The "it's all about safety" justification was never credible and has been overcome by events. For ALPA to have at least some influence on how the new law will be implemented, it has to get out in front now or risk being completely irrelavant.

.... or risk being completely irrelavant.

You mean it's not already?

ALPA has shown that it'll fold through the concessionary era, and now with Age 60 debate, once again, it's folding.

Tell me... if our government accepts Open Skies and unilaterally allows cabotage, so Albanian Airlines can fly pax from LAX to LAS, what's ALPA gonna do?

Yeah... that's what I thought.

I disagree.

You can take any issue and overlay it on how the age 60 issue has been handled, project that into the future and realize that ALPA is failing at the leadership level.

Doesn't sound very objective on your part....

Open skies, as it is, is opposed by the membership and strongly by the union. Just like age 65 was.

And yet gloabalization is going to happen...

Now, before you simply blurt something unintelligible back, I want you to please think about what that means. If you brain starts hurting, I'll help you understand it.

My brain does hurt... can I take a hit of what you're smokin? :)

Actually, Regionaltard gets it.

Age 65 is coming with or without ALPA. Doesn't matter how many pilots vote or how they voted. When ICAO started to allow foreign pilots to fly into this country up to age 65 last November, it was over.

Just like de-regulation, just like open skies, just like post 9/11.

Congressmen are running away from ALPA on the hill. The ones ALPA used to take for granted on this issue know what the score is and their support is going soft.

Do you have further information? or a reference?

The "it's all about safety" justification was never credible and has been overcome by events. For ALPA to have at least some influence on how the new law will be implemented, it has to get out in front now or risk being completely irrelavant.

agreed, except I wouldn't say irrelevent, rather advesarial....

You mean it's not already?

ALPA has shown that it'll fold through the concessionary era, and now with Age 60 debate, once again, it's folding.

Tell me... if our government accepts Open Skies and unilaterally allows cabotage, so Albanian Airlines can fly pax from LAX to LAS, what's ALPA gonna do?

Yeah... that's what I thought.

Actually ALPA, the TTD and the AFL-CIO will do something... it is really too bad that gus like you are so disconnected, spiteful and cynical. It is atttitudes like yours that really effect the efficiency of the organization. And when guys get on here to explain that your perception is not aligned with reality you argue and fight even harder to keep your attitude...

Sure! To a certain extent, very true. But what does not have to happen...what should never be allowed to happen...is a senior minority of the membership remortgaging the rest of the current membership, and all of the future membership, into a deal that serves their own selfish needs. Which is EXACTLY what age 65 seeks to do.

Look, it's great that you've decided to be optimistic. But I don't think you're being honest with yourself.

So expalin the cause and effect in detail of ALPA standing hard and fast the way you want.

Rez... can you honestly say that ALPA actually WANTS membership participation? Because given the actions of our ALPA leadership, they don't seem to give a flying f**k about what membership wants.

This is your emotional opinion.

So here we go:

1) Start going enmasse to the union meetings and demand our MEC starts the recall process of all ALPA officers at Herndon, and send our management a sign that ALPA's house in burning from within.

Why? Why not show up at meetings and be a part of the democratic process.

2) Say F**K ALPA! and just mind our own business... because regardless of how we feel or vote about an issue, despite the numbers, ALPA leadership is going to do as it damn well pleases...

ALPA leadership is repsonding to the activity on the Hill. When are you going to start talking about the forces that are driving this.. the FAA, DOT, ICAO, WH, EU....

Nice choices....

You are so angry and myopic it hurts...

Rez... you really are out to lunch, my friend. Do you even read your posts?

Why? Why not show up at meetings and be a part of the democratic process.

Really? First of all, I DO show up at my meetings. We're talking ALPA National here. What difference does it make to be a part of the democratic process when the leadership doesn't honor the wishes of the majority? That's like the elections in Iraq during Saddam Hussein era. It's a farce...

ALPA leadership is repsonding to the activity on the Hill. When are you going to start talking about the forces that are driving this.. the FAA, DOT, ICAO, WH, EU...

Uh huh... how much political clout do I have? How much clout does ALPA have? When ALPA folds... they made its membership fold despite the membership wishes.

So once again... what is the incentive to participate in Saddam Hussein-like democracy?

Yes... you are right, I am indeed angry, but I'm angry because democracy and the wishes of the majority are not only being ignored, but our leadership is doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of the wishes of the majority.

Myopic? Hardly sir... Angry? You bet!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back