Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
There are rumors floating around that CMR may be headed towards even worse days. I don't know if they are true, but the tea leaves don't look good. If we are a true union, it is time to start acting like one.

CMR has had a target on it's back since the strike in 2001. Despite what the ALPA cheerleaders say, it wasn't really a success. 89 days after the strike started, the final agreement wasn't much more than the "last, best, final agreement" prior to the strike.

During the strike, ASA flew CMR airplanes. During the strike, ALPA carriers DAL, ACA, and ASA flew CMR passengers through different hubs.

After the strike, CMR flying has been parted out to other ALPA DCI carriers.

It is time for the ALPA chest thumpers and cheerleaders to put up or shut up....I intend to bring a resolution to the floor of the next 112 LEC meeting to ask that current CMR pilots be given priority hiring WITH THEIR CMR DOH for bidding purposes.

Either we are one together or we aren't...A national seniority list may not be possible, but this certainly is.

Rez...PCL128....Nevets...Will you support this or won't you?

Don't ask people to fall on their swords "for the profession" if you aren't willing to back them up.

I'm looking for people who will bring similar resolutions to the floor of their respective LECs. This is the time to decide if we really are a "brotherhood".

Stay tuned for more....

Last edited:
As long as they are not senior to me I'm all for it.

Joe,
For the first time, you actually make sense. We actually control this industry, but act like unskilled labor, quaking whenever a retarded CEO, says "we aren't making enough money, we need concessions"
As individuals we have far less to lose than the retards running the companies, how bout spending some of that golden parachute money on little things like, oh lets say health care.
Start by flying "safe".
PBR

As long as they are not senior to me I'm all for it.
Take a close look, it is this attitude that is causing this whole industry to collapse. You may be ok right now but with BH at the helm, your "Comair" day is alot closer than you think. I just hope you manage to knock up a F/A, and get furloughed shortly there after, you your new bride and kidlet will love living in your parents basement.
Pathetic
PBR

Joe,
For the first time, you actually make sense. We actually control this industry, but act like unskilled labor, quaking whenever a retarded CEO, says "we aren't making enough money, we need concessions"
As individuals we have far less to lose than the retards running the companies, how bout spending some of that golden parachute money on little things like, oh lets say health care.
Start by flying "safe".
PBR

Retards? Really? I've read a lot of your posts and I don't think you have any room to be casting stones.

Joe,
Start by flying "safe".
PBR

I'm sorry you don't think I usually make sense, but I'm not saying anything different than I have in the past. I have been VERY consistent over the years. Either we act as ONE, or we act separately...There cannot be any "in between". Now is the time for the ALPA cheerleaders to back me up and support the CMR pilots.

If not, then don't expect anyone else to ever take a stand again....

The blame doesn't lie with the "retards" running the companies....The blame lies with those of us who don't think several steps ahead...We have been outplayed by those "retards".....

Last edited:
Email address has been established:

[email protected]

This IS NOT a decertification effort. I am looking for people to support LEC resolutions to give CMR pilots preferential hiring WITH THEIR CMR DOH.

What do you mean, preferential hiring with their Comair DOH? Do you mean, bottom of the list, but they get paid as they were at Comair? Or they get "merged" into our list, but are considered newhires for pay? Or a full "merger" where they get both pay and seniority from their Comair date?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back