• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The short of it is... Aloha's focus is in the wrong market (interisland), and Mesa came here with $29 interisland fares with purpose of putting us under. Combine the two factors and voila!

Yea, Orange County is very questionable as a focus point. Rich area but terrible access by LA County.

Bear in mind, we're not flying 767's out here. 124 seats is all we fly. Besides, we don't have competition out of SNA flying to Hawaii, and aside some fare specials, generally, the fares are higher than flying out of LAX.

Back when we flew to BUR, our yield was significantly higher out of SNA even though our load factor out of BUR was higher than SNA.

Freight Dog,

We are like the dynosaurs, a meteor has hit the Earth and we are so stagnated in our environment that we are in serious danger of going extinct! We sit around talking about the law suit, are you serious! Is this our only strategy! Have you seen the court system in America lately? Have you seen how long the wheels of justice take to get anything done? I cannot believe we are so convident that a "law suit" is going to save us. This is suicide. Are we gonna sit around for years as this law suit go's on and on and loose this kind of money.

Island Air gets rid of a plane, lays off some people, next thing you know there flying out of LGB. Aloha in their wildest imagination could never be capable of such an evolution. We got no balls, we run crying to the courts.

We sit around talking about the law suit, are you serious! Is this our only strategy!

I cannot believe we are so convident that a "law suit" is going to save us. This is suicide. Are we gonna sit around for years as this law suit go's on and on and loose this kind of money.

I hear Aloha has instructors to keep this kind of thinking "In-check". If you don't start behaving like a victim soon your days at Aloha are numbered. Save your fancy logic for the mainland brah!

LOL... you'd be surprised Brew, at least on the -700 side.

Fellows... what can I say? Rumors and speculations run rampant due to lack of communications from both the Company and our MEC. It's actually pretty sad if you ask me...

Ok, I've got to chime in now..
It's very quiet at AQ right now, nobody knows what's going on, and anybody who says they do are just speculating. Yucaipa won't keep dumping money into a loser investment, they need to sell this airline or buy another or merge. With who, donno. We are waiting patiently, and for an earlier post I saw, the TA has not been signed yet.
The numbers on Flightcentral are misleading. They don't show base pay. If you add those figures along with a 5% raise, providing the TA is signed, a 12 year CA is looking at $138/hr. in the -700, plus any per diem they might make, around $400 a month.

Last edited:
Something does have to break.. but whatever it is, they're keeping a very close lid on it.

The "Why do they do it?" article doesn't give me too much confidence... but then again, who knows?

Last edited:
I just heard today a rumor that AQ is talking to Continental about the possibility of acquiring Continental's Micronesia operations since there's talk about a possible merger between CAL and UAL. But again it's just rumor floating around, and Yucaipa has the funds and Bethune is on board...Anything is possible. By the way I just heard that AQ is having a class next month. Some pilots at WP received the call.

PREDICTION:

Addition of anywhere from 1 to_____, 737-800's, along with some new domestic lines out of SNA, and some hiring. Announcement by the end of this month.

What do you think Frieght Dog.

Latest resources

Back