• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines to cease passenger operations March 31

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blaming the passengers is wrong. Dumping is illegal. Charging a less-than-break-even ticket price to kill off your competition is completely immoral and against the law. Whether he gets away with it or not is one issue, but the passengers aren't to blame.

Good luck to all the Aloha folks - I loved flying you guys.

Good luck and God speed, Come to ASA. Please we need you. Under 30 do not apply. Sorry, I am just tired of baby sitting.

Under 30 hours of multi-engine time?

Riding from the hotel to the airport today with a SkyWest crew. They were under the impression that SW should buy Aloha.
What geniuses.

The Hawaiian community will be just fine, save for those that lost their jobs. There is nothing in the charters of the FAA or DOT says that they have to save an airline.

If you read the Star Bulletin article above, there's an AQ FO that says it very accurately. It also states how other airlines are going to pick up the slack. Read it!

No, I don't like J. O. and what he's doing to the industry, but Mesa has been accused of this stuff for as long as I've been in the industry. (15 years)

As tough as it is right now, I'd rather stay deregulated. When the government steps in everyone loses.

It's ironic that AQ shuts down before the busy summer travel season when Americans are likely to flock to cheaper American leisure destinations like Hawaii, Florida, Las Vegas, etc. No way Americans will pay outrageous prices to fly to Europe with the current exchange rate issues. Americans and non-Americans (especially Europeans) will be flocking to these resort destinations.

I would bet that every seat on AQ would have been sold during the busy summer period. Quite a shame!

The Hawaiian community will be just fine, save for those that lost their jobs. There is nothing in the charters of the FAA or DOT says that they have to save an airline.

If you read the Star Bulletin article above, there's an AQ FO that says it very accurately. It also states how other airlines are going to pick up the slack. Read it!

No, I don't like J. O. and what he's doing to the industry, but Mesa has been accused of this stuff for as long as I've been in the industry. (15 years)

As tough as it is right now, I'd rather stay deregulated. When the government steps in everyone loses.

Federal Goverment deregulation law is regulation that supersides state antitrust laws. While I think you are a heartless Butt Nugett I will ask you to read this.

http://www.dontflygo.com/

So, what's up with Aloha cargo still operating? How can they employ those who happened to get a night cargo reserve bid for April? No opening of the bid for everyone to try to keep flying? Is ALPA even aware of what's going on here? They have nothing on their website about Aloha at all. What a sad state of affairs. I want my ALPA dues back. They suck.

Latest resources

Back