• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines to cease passenger operations March 31

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Island Air is an independent airline, with no financial connection to Aloha other than codeshares and contract ramp crew. If Island Air is smart, they'll buy 3 or 4 Q400s, right now, and hire some of our unfortunate brothers and sisters at Aloha to fly them.

And Mesa is a piece. Go! home and get the hell out of our lives. And to the Mesa ALPA, I've got a comittee for you. It's called the "Parking Lot Comittee", and a lot of people here would like to initiate the entire lot of you into it. Good job with that contract. Thanks for EVERYTHING.

Aloha did not close down. They suspended service. If the goverment can fix the mess it made Aloha may be back. Today is the day..

Reread the press release.

And why in the he!! should the governement "fix this mess?" It's not their d@mn job!

No but you are apparently are living on the ISLAND OF DENIAL. Mesa didn't put Aloha out of business the people who bought tickets from Mesa put Aloha out of business (see Wal Mart vs. small town store).

If the Hawaiian's want to get pissed at somebody for driving Aloha out of business they should look in the mirror.
Perhaps you should look into the court judgment against MAG that resulted in an $80 million award to Hawaiian Airlines. Aloha's creditors will likely get a much bigger chunk of change from that rotten POS JO. Mesa's Go! was not operating as a legitimate competitor. JO violated confidentiality agreements to get an unfair advantage and then had his minions destroy evidence.

It's amazing to see, Airlines pay JO and his gang a fee for regional service, then JO and his gang takes that money and puts another Airline (Aloha) out of business!

This industry needs its' head examined

Good luck to all at ALOHA

And why in the he!! should the governement "fix this mess?" It's not their d@mn job!

So the FAA has no job here? How about the DOT, the Fed or Congress? Helping struggling companies survive for the greater good of the community is one of the jobs of the Federal Government! Who else is going to act as a referee in this greed run amok system that we have been collectively brainwashed into accepting as "Free Market Capitalism". Wake up, if you hate J.O. and Mesa so much then you have to start questioning the system that is allowing these guys to get away with these kinds of predatory economic tactics.......it used to be called fraud. Now they call it business as usual.

On another note, I am truly sorry this is happening to such a fine group of aviation people. Being a TWAer, I know how hard it is to have it all taken away from you. My heart goes out to you. Give it time, it may take a while but there is life after such an event happens to you.

Larry Lingle's like a weak-assed tree. He bends whichever way the political winds blow. When go came out to HI, it was all happy smiles with JO and all the Tutus that were going to be able to see family on Maui for $9. Now it's the state's job to finance Aloha. It's all eyewash from a politician who's just had a huge number of supporters lose their jobs.

Reread the press release.

I guess it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood when Mister Rogers and all his viewers deregulated the airlines on the Federal level. MY BAD! And I read more than the press. I guess everything really is big in Texas!!

Good luck and God speed, Come to ASA. Please we need you. Under 30 do not apply. Sorry, I am just tired of baby sitting.

Latest resources

Back