Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just enjoy the ride my brother...

Here is what you and I can do as a couple of line pukes:

1) If we're sold to a good entity/airline - drink some beers and celebrate.

2) If we're sold to a sh*tbag or liquidate - drink some beers and drown in our sorrows.

3) If we maintain status quo - drink some beers and solve all the world's problems.

:beer:

So for my friends at Aloha, I hope your "big news" is as life changing as our's at Alaska was. I hope you guys enjoy the 200's we are sending your way soon. 730AS and 742AS were the best we had. 741AS was originally built for FedEx and is a bit unusual. 746AS and 747AS were sister ships originally from Wein, good machines. 745AS, the African Queen, aka "Franken Jet" - the worst B737 in the world that unfortunately still flys. 95,000 ZFW, oddball interior and cargo door. The thing is a mix of parts from two wrecks, one in Africa and one in England. Take good care of them!
AK737FO

743 and 744 were from Wien 746 and 747 were from MarkAir.......

supposedly the guy in charge of our etops (which is shelved for a while) is from aloha. hmmmmmm....

PDX-BOS and MCO...not very life changing.

Mookie

That guy from AQ who runs your ETOPs department was one of our -700 pilots, junior to boot. If his initials are RP then he left us thinking we were going out of business a year ago. Pretty much all of us thought that, he just did something about it, no connection to a buy. He has a wealth of information about the -700 and the ETOPs environment.

As long as the potential buyer isn't JO aka Mesa!!!!

I still think it could be Virgin America for the certificate. What a way to get a back door entry.. Bastards!

Last edited:
Virgin America would still have to meet the U.S. ownership requirements even if they were to buy a certificate.

Could be a good fit with the -700's. Although they are staffed at 165 employees/jet!!

Aloha Airlines (formerly Trans-Pacific Airlines 1946-1958)
Total Employees:

3,482 as of May 31, 2006​

My understanding is that over half of the employees of Aloha are "contract services" that provide support in the Hawaiian Islands for those other airlines that don't have their own agents, ground support or mx.

My understanding is that over half of the employees of Aloha are "contract services" that provide support in the Hawaiian Islands for those other airlines that don't have their own agents, ground support or mx.

Contract Services is about 1000 employees

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back