Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
One local TV station is reporting that this is the big rumor around Honolulu today.

No other information...

The pilots MEC meeting last night was just as informative.

"Something big going down"... time frame 2 to 3 weeks.

Yucaipa said to tell our SEC/TRES "trust us"

It seems as if every airline has some "big news" that is right around the corner. About a month ago, there was a rumor started here at Alaska, that a big announcement would be made in January that "would change everyone's career". Great... that narrows it down to either a pink slip or keys to the CEO's office...
So last week, the big news at Alaska broke! New non-stop service from PDX to the east coast. Wow! My life has forever been changed! I was so impressed, I can't even remember the new city pairs.

So for my friends at Aloha, I hope your "big news" is as life changing as our's at Alaska was. I hope you guys enjoy the 200's we are sending your way soon. 730AS and 742AS were the best we had. 741AS was originally built for FedEx and is a bit unusual. 746AS and 747AS were sister ships originally from Wein, good machines. 745AS, the African Queen, aka "Franken Jet" - the worst B737 in the world that unfortunately still flys. 95,000 ZFW, oddball interior and cargo door. The thing is a mix of parts from two wrecks, one in Africa and one in England. Take good care of them!
AK737FO

Buying Airtran or Aloha for "the life changing event". I wouldnt be suprised if they bought Aloha to get the ETOPS certificate and ETOPS 737-700.

supposedly the guy in charge of our etops (which is shelved for a while) is from aloha. hmmmmmm....

PDX-BOS and MCO...not very life changing.

Mookie

Could be SWA. Why the hell not? Stranger things have happened, and with what's been going on lately......?

PDX-BOS and MCO...not very life changing.

UNLESS you happen to be a huge fan of the TRAILBLAZERS, CELTICS and MAGIC and you want to be able to go see them play without making a connection... ;)

Southwest buys Aloha for some cash but mostly stock. Announced next week the day before the 4 qtr results or the day of the results.

Could be a good fit with the -700's. Although they are staffed at 165 employees/jet!!

Aloha Airlines (formerly Trans-Pacific Airlines 1946-1958)
Total Employees:
3,482 as of May 31, 2006​

Operating Data:
4.1 million revenue passengers enplaned in 2005
Operating Fleet:
8 Boeing 737-700 / 12 first class; 112 coach
10 Boeing 737-200/ 127 coach
3 Boeing 737-200/ cargo configuration​

Destinations Served: Hawaii Hilo, Hawaii Honolulu, Oahu Kahului, Maui Kona, Hawaii Lihue, Kauai

U.S Mainland Las Vegas, Nevada Oakland, California Orange County, California Reno, Nevada Sacramento, California San Diego, California

SWA Will buy

In the training center this week and Kelly said they are working several large things. We need the 700's and will continue to run Aloha like they did ATA after fixing some problems. Ties in with ATA and easy buy.

Latest resources

Back