• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines Sold?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope all works out for our friends over at Aloha, no matter what happens to you. I wonder if all this may be the reason our (Hawaiian) stock has been skyrocketing this week. It's up over 20% and had several times the normal trading volume. Is there another merger in the works here too? Who knows, but it's gonna be an interesting year.

HAL

Although they are staffed at 165 employees/jet!!

That happens to all smaller airlines. You have to have a certain number of people to make an airline work, no matter how many planes you have. Even a single plane is required (by pt. 121) to have a slew of management personnel, training department, ground crew, res. agents, etc. The bigger the airline, the more efficient the overall staffing works - hence the reason all the airlines are on the merger kick this year.

HAL

That happens to all smaller airlines. You have to have a certain number of people to make an airline work, no matter how many planes you have. Even a single plane is required (by pt. 121) to have a slew of management personnel, training department, ground crew, res. agents, etc. The bigger the airline, the more efficient the overall staffing works - hence the reason all the airlines are on the merger kick this year.

HAL

Thanks Hal,
That makes sense to me.

It seems as if every airline has some "big news" that is right around the corner. About a month ago, there was a rumor started here at Alaska, that a big announcement would be made in January that "would change everyone's career". Great... that narrows it down to either a pink slip or keys to the CEO's office...
So last week, the big news at Alaska broke! New non-stop service from PDX to the east coast. Wow! My life has forever been changed! I was so impressed, I can't even remember the new city pairs.

So for my friends at Aloha, I hope your "big news" is as life changing as our's at Alaska was. I hope you guys enjoy the 200's we are sending your way soon. 730AS and 742AS were the best we had. 741AS was originally built for FedEx and is a bit unusual. 746AS and 747AS were sister ships originally from Wein, good machines. 745AS, the African Queen, aka "Franken Jet" - the worst B737 in the world that unfortunately still flys. 95,000 ZFW, oddball interior and cargo door. The thing is a mix of parts from two wrecks, one in Africa and one in England. Take good care of them!
AK737FO

I have a bad feeling that the pdx service is not the news we are expecting. If Aloha has indeed been sold, I think the buyers are right under our collective noses.

Ok...I'll buy dinner for all the Southwest guys who posted if we actually get merged in to your seniority list. Same goes for the Alaska guys. Remember, we are only 300 pilots, so no need for a staple job ;0) I'm still all for a merger with HAL too, but I'll only buy you posters a lunch (kidding!)...

As for anyone else, just don't take any more money away and be kind on the work rule adjustments...I think I flew about 380 hours last year as a bid pilot and got paid for 960. Can't figure out why we aren't making money! That is an efficient bid at AQ....

Wait a second, hang on there, don't put your stapler away...if that's all we can get at Alaska, I'll gladly take it, but a nice 2 for 1 merge would be that much more appreciated ;0)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back