• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to hear it guys, 10 more of our brothers on the street, American is letting another 44 guys go also. Unbelievable state of our industry.

February bid packet does not show any new flying to replace the South Pacific stuff that is going away in the middle of January. What are they going to do that aircraft and when?? This would help out the overstaffing situation.

WHALE RIDER,

I saw your avatar and thought it likely you're a Polar guy. Any insight or experience with L. Steele & company? Perhaps something to say about Capt. Rand? We'd all be very curious to know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Pull & Rotate said:
February bid packet does not show any new flying to replace the South Pacific stuff that is going away in the middle of January. What are they going to do that aircraft and when?? This would help out the overstaffing situation.

One aircraft is scheduled to be in maint. until spring break. Full force during spring break and summer. Evidently, we are trying to do more in-house maint. during the slow season. Wow, that makes sense for a change!

Getter said:
WHALE RIDER,

I saw your avatar and thought it likely you're a Polar guy. Any insight or experience with L. Steele & company? Perhaps something to say about Capt. Rand? We'd all be very curious to know.

Thanks!

No experience with either....yet. I'm always under the radar and out of the way.;)

Getter said:
One aircraft is scheduled to be in maint. until spring break. Full force during spring break and summer. Evidently, we are trying to do more in-house maint. during the slow season. Wow, that makes sense for a change!

I suspect and I hope I'm wrong... but those guys will be out for a LONG time with more of us joining them at the beach... they want us to fly to the FAR's, combine -200 and -700 bases, give up our retirement, take further paycuts, and all sorts of other things that have no cost attached to them. I put my faith in our MEC... but I dont know how much they can do given the current conditions.

Sad... very sad..

This is either a great smoke and mirror show or we really are in a bad way. The fact that the owner's put in some $$ makes me feel a bit better...They aren't known for throwing good money after bad....

Read the bankruptcy papers...mention is made of possibly becoming an inter-island-only carrier again.

In fact, there are many clues and scenarios covered in those papers. Hope you guys have been reading them.

Getter said:
WHALE RIDER,

Thanks!

doh! you called him "captain". he likes it when you do that. it gives him the tingles down in his special place.

Read the bankruptcy papers...mention is made of possibly becoming an inter-island-only carrier again.

that is a red-herring. If they do that, they might as well just shut down. They already gave a bunch of flying to WP and they have admitted that the yield in the inter-island market is very low. It also says in the BK papers that once they re-organize there are a number of market opportunities they can take advantage of.
Banmiller has said numerous times he wants to add some mainland destinations. He is going to use the old tactic of saying "we can't expand until you guys give some concessions". Also, Nutly has a background with those vacation package companies. You can bet when he gets some concessions you will see the new marketing plan.

Latest resources

Back