Aloha Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
Anybody have any ideas on how to get Aloha to pay me my last paycheck, and pay me for my accrued and unused vacation? I'm running out of ideas, other than going to the state labor department. It's been over three weeks, and all Lydia keeps giving me is excuses.
Shall I call Kimo and Blala Bu to help them find their checkbooks?

That's kinda the response I was hoping for!

I've been reading this thread awhile now, and I am definitely not an expert on Aloha or Hawaiian for that matter. But it seems that it's Zander that should have gone bye-bye along time ago, along with some of our guys too. Hang in there guys, it always seems worse on the inside than it really is. We're living proof.

I highly doubt you'll get anyone to argue with you that Zander needed to go....there were no tears shed when he left....

AQ PILOT said:
I'm curious....what is Lydia giving as an excuse? She SO needs to go bye bye....

Here's what happened over the last three weeks...short version...

The first excuse was that she hadn't received my badge. OK, that was reasonable (except that it is still against Hawaiian state law to withhold my paycheck until the return of company property). So I called her and told her I fedex'd it a week prior. She said she hadn't received it. I had already tracked the package on the fedex website, so I told her the date and time it had been signed for. She feigned ignorance and said she'd call me back after she looked around. She never called me back. So a couple of days later I called and offered her the tracking number as proof that I had actually sent the badge back. At this point I could read her attitude in the tone of her voice, and knew she didn't believe me. She said she'd track the number and get back to me. She didn't. So the next day I called her and she was very apologetic. Seems after they tracked the package they realized it was there, and actually looked for it, and found it. It had been there since March 1. She offered to send the check out right away, but first she had to fix an error on my check. Seems she shorted me by about a weeks' pay. She said she was having a second check issued to cover the difference, and they'd be fedex'd to me the next day. I waited a couple of days, and when fedex never stopped by my home, I called her to get a tracking number. She said she had been waiting to hear back from me, whether I wanted to have one check sent, or wait for both. I said it didn't matter, that she could send what she had. I waited a couple more days, no package. I made yet another call. This time, she said she had been too busy to ship it to me (yes, that is actually what she said). I was losing my patience, and informed her that Aloha was in violation of state law by withholding my paycheck so long. She said I'd have it the next morning. That was Wednesday, today is Saturday, and I still don't have it.

ARGHH!

I did. Got the out of the office til March 28th automatic reply.

Any other ideas?

Latest resources

Back