Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2005/11/07/story1.html

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Mesa Air Group is positioning itself to swoop in and grab the market share held by Aloha Airlines if the local airline can't make it out of bankruptcy.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]

He will have to beat Hawaiian and a long line of other investors that see more value in Aloha than our certificates ability to bust the Mesa Scope clause.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] Mesa confounded analysts and airline industry players trying to figure out what the Phoenix-based regional carrier saw in Hawaii's shrinking interisland market.[/FONT]

I called JO's game the first day. He is after Aloha's certificate in a Ch7 or 363 sale to shove 737 pay rates down his own MEC's throat.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] "Mesa's move is because of a weakness on the part of Aloha, and the belief it won't survive its bankruptcy," Mesa CEO Jonathan Ornstein said Aloha's demise would clearly be good for business. [/FONT]

Goggle "sociopath"
[/FONT]. Definition.... inability to control impulses . lack of moral sense, chronically antisocial behavior, they do not consider other people's wishes, welfare or rights. They can be manipulative and may lie to gain personal pleasure or profit.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Ornstein told PBN. "But I won't deny that if a significant part of the capacity were to go away, it clearly would make our business a lot better. No doubt about that."[/FONT]
Now google obsessive-compulsive disorder

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] "We doubt Mesa will proceed if airline market conditions within Hawaii change in a manner which makes success meaningfully less likely," said Bob McAdoo, an airline analyst with New York-based Prudential Equity Group Inc.[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] McAdoo reduced Mesa's stock price target when he heard of its Hawaii plans. However, in discussions with the airline's managers, he was told that Mesa will bring on several partners to reduce its exposure and would parachute out if the market didn't change in its favor.[/FONT]
Good, at least somebody out there has a clue!

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] Ornstein said he has been studying the market for years. He even looked at investing in Hawaiian and Aloha.[/FONT]
No kidding. And he has been shown the door at least three times. Talk about overstaying your welcome! Good riddance!

Last edited:
Well, we can hope that the Mesa airline, when it starts, tanks rapidly. Altho scum survives in aviation, re: Ichan and Lorenzo.

The proverbial cat is out of the bag! Great post Islandhopper. Hope JO never gets the opportunity to come out here no matter what the circumstances.

JO has RJs getting ready to collect dust. He has all but been kicked out of the USAirways 50 seat market and now he has no where to go with the planes. I know... lets start an Hawaii operation!

How are things going in negotiations? Did Farris set a deadline when he opted out of making a decision of his own?

Um...no. You are completely mistaken.

J32driver said:
JO has RJs getting ready to collect dust. He has all but been kicked out of the USAirways 50 seat market and now he has no where to go with the planes. I know... lets start an Hawaii operation!

All (every one) of those 50 seaters are going to other code-share partners. The ERJs to the Delta code share and the CRJs to the United code share. We are not parting ways with America West/USAirways anytime soon...sorry to disappoint you.

JO certainly has something up his sleeve though.

Spiff;)

mdanno808 said:
How are things going in negotiations? Did Farris set a deadline when he opted out of making a decision of his own?

the hearings are not finished yet. there is still more testifying to be done. i think the company may be done testifying now.

hearings resume tomorrow morning at 9:30. come down early and get a good seat. we have faris reserved for the 8th, 9th, and 10th.

dash8driver said:
the hearings are not finished yet. there is still more testifying to be done. i think the company may be done testifying now.

hearings resume tomorrow morning at 9:30. come down early and get a good seat. we have faris reserved for the 8th, 9th, and 10th.
Looks like JO got some "airtime" in Judge Faris courtroom. I am sure glad that G.L. provided that video to show as evidence.

I found another article about Ornstien wanting 737's. Here is the link and a very interesting quote. He even mentions HAWAII. I dont know how I missed this one all along.

http://www.thestreet.com/_tscana/markets/ericgillin/10161930.html

Last edited:
islandhopper said:
Looks like JO got some "airtime" in Judge Faris courtroom. I am sure glad that G.L. provided that video to show as evidence.

I found another article about Ornstien wanting 737's. Here is the link and a very interesting quote. He even mentions HAWAII. I dont know how I missed this one all along.

http://www.thestreet.com/_tscana/markets/ericgillin/10161930.html

Did you look at the date on that article? It's over a year and a half old.

scar1900 said:
Did you look at the date on that article? It's over a year and a half old.
Just a guess here, but I think that was the point.

Latest resources

Back