Aloha ʻino Mesa! Shame On You!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dash8driver said:
sure..but why pass up a layover in MNL? ;)

Exactly. You can hide it under "bringing more service to the people of the world" if you want. :)

Hey Smash8 - how far did you guys fly the -200s there for a while? Wasn't it like the Marshall Islands or somethin like that?

dash8driver said:
sure..but why pass up a layover in MNL? ;)
Ahhhh.....you beat me to it. I'd never make it past the P.I.....

chicago said:
Island Hopper,

I'll call B.S. on the fact that J.O. is after Aloha Certificate in order to operate 737's. I agree he wants 737's, as evident by the constant attempt to get payrates from our M.E.C. He has been quoted in various public events that he intends to fly 737's at Mesa. So I'll concede the fact to you that Mesa will one day operate narrow body aircraft (not necessarly 737's). Do you think he needs (or at this point wants) the aloha certificate to do it? NO. We already have the Midway certificate. Also, considering his track record with putting new aircraft on a certificate (ie. freedom), adding 737's to any of the many certificates currently under Mesa control would take all but 3 months. Having said that I do believe he was after Aloha. For reasons I wouldn't dare speculate on he was unsuccesful in his attempts to gain control of your airline. So, as there is more than one way to skin a cat, he decided on this independent venture. Will it be succesfull? I doubt it. If you run the CASM vs RASM for any inter-island flying (regardless of aircraft used) there just isn't alot of money in that market alone. Do you think J.O. is after the inter-island market? No, it is to small and insignificant. He is after something bigger. Just speculating here, (I repeat JUST SPECULATING) he wants Aloha's mainland routes with the possibility to expand to Asia. That is the only "real" value of Aloha's route structure. So while it would have been much easier to take over Aloha that bid failed. We are simply witnessing plan "B." By the way good luck to you and everyone at Aloha with your fight against management. Like you, I would come join any picket line you guys put together.

Good post. The only other thing is that even if he gets these old CRJ-200's for free (as he has been bragging) the operation still doesn't make very much sense. Brand new 900's? Even less sense. If these two aircraft show absolutely no intelligent design flying in Hawaii they must be coming out here for a different reason. What is that reason? Look to the obvious. He is bullying somebody. Is it Aloha? Bombardier? USAir? As FlyI has proven just having airplanes doesn't mean you should fly them. How many times has JO been quoted saying the RJ's costs are much to high to fly independently?

I got him saying it as recently as a week ago Friday in his interview to the PBN.

And we do have rights to one or two Asian cities I am aware of.

I never knew he picked up the Midway cert. I wasnt watching Mesa when it happened. Looking at the dates (2003) I was in my first year at Aloha and spending my time off at the beach. Thanks for the tip on Midway... They never had 737's did they? Just RJ's....

Instead of "little brown" it'd be "Lady Boy" for him :) But that's cool... attack drivers are always on the fringe anyway.

I thought midway was closed? Or did it re-open again? The last time I had to check NOTAMS was way back in February.

Der Kommissar said:
Instead of "little brown" it'd be "Lady Boy" for him :) But that's cool... attack drivers are always on the fringe anyway.

I thought midway was closed? Or did it re-open again? The last time I had to check NOTAMS was way back in February.

Midway Airlines.. Mesa purchased the operating certificate after they went bankrupt a few years ago which had CRJ's and 737's on the certificate.. I believe it's a dead certificate tho since you must have atleast one aircraft and somekind of management structure remaining after six months or a year to keep the certificate alive??

Der Kommissar said:

I think the term is "pseudo-women" but I'm not sure.

I see that the AQ FAs caved yesterday and gave up their medical for retirees and have to pay for part of their medical coverage now.

http://starbulletin.com/print/2005.php?fr=/2005/11/16/business/story01.html

Latest resources

Back