Allegiant's Future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting the call

I didn't know anyone at the company. I just faxed in a resume and two weeks later got a call. I wish I would have luck like that all the time.

Upgrade Requirements

I believe they are the same as our hiring mins as far as flight time goes. You need to have three letters of rec from capts you have flown with and one check airman letter. If you don't have the opportunity to fly with a check airman, management will send one to ride on the jumpseat and observe you or fly with you prior to your upgrade. As long as you are competent and capable they will let you attempt upgrade in seniority order.

For the most part. You need recommendations from 3 capts. Seldom a problem,... You will then be scheduled with a check airman for the final nod when your time comes up. That's it.

So unless you have issues, you'll upgrade in seniority order.

D1

How much does health insurance cost for a family?
Not sure about with kids, but employee plus spouse is $151.00 a month and it's pretty good insurance. Low copays, no primary care physician required, relatively low prescriptions.

Can you get hired with less than 3000 TT if you know someone at AAY?

Highly unlikely. The CP is pretty hard on 3000 and an ATP. Although our G.O.M. gives maneuvering room, even with a boat-load of other qualifying experience, our CP won't budge. We're also getting plenty of resumes with ample experience.

That being said, your CRJ time will come in real handy...once you meet the mins, you'll be an attractive candidate. CRJ folks tend to do quite well in our training program.

Hang in there...it's worth the wait.

D1

So, the ones that are getting called, did you also receive this email from them prior to the call? Or is this a friendly thanks but no thanks?

Timothy,

Thank you for your expression of interest in the Pilot position with Allegiant Air. Your resume along with others will be given due consideration. Should there be further interest, you will be contacted by an Allegiant Air representative.

Thank you again for your interest in Allegiant Air.

Latest resources

Back