Allegiant's Future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mbw

Will Allegiant be around in ten years? or will they run out of resorts and maybe merge? or even close shop?

Ask again in ten years
icon10.gif
. No one knows.

Will Delta, Northwest, ATA, United, etc. be around in 10 years? Allegiant made a profit when oil was pushing near $80 a barrel, now it is below $60. These guys founded AirTran (ValueJet) and plenty of pilots want to work there now. The guys that got in early with them and JetBlue will be captains almost the entire time they are with those companies. Good time to get on with Allegiant if you ask me. They are about to do an IPO then LOOKOUT!!! I think once they get big enough they will expand outside of the leisure market.

I think once they get big enough they will expand outside of the leisure market.

We make money because we have little to no competition in the markets we serve, and offer a good product at a good price for all. As long as current ownership is here, I don't think you'll see expansion outside of the leisure market.

I think there are enough secondary markets to keep us busy flying into Vegas and Florida for years to come.

What kind of pay raise did you get? that you mentioned in another post

The percentage of the raise varied depending on seat and year group. Nothing for year 1 as it already exceeded industry standard. For FOs it was between 11.4 and 14.3%. For Capts, it ranged between almost 10% for earlier year groups to 3% in the later year groups. This was in an effort to target the groups that were most in need of an adjustment. As a new company, the bulk of the pilots on the property recieved between 8% -11%.

There was also a provision, much like Frontier, where all hours flown over 81 are now paid at 130%.

Training and deadhead pay were also added.

No concessions, no contracts, no committments...just a pay raise. And...we've actually been invited back to negotiate another raise next year. For the record, it's been back to back raises 2 years in a row amounting to 15%-18%.

Our in-house has done an awesome job; well respected by pilots and management alike, they've managed to negotiate dramatic improments in pay and work rules in the 2 years they've been in existence. All at no cost to the pilots.

D

Last edited:
No concessions, no contracts, no committments...just a pay raise. And...we've actually been invited back to negotiate another raise next year. For the record, it's been back to back raises 2 years in a row amounting to 15%-18%.

Our in-house has done an awesome job; well respected by pilots and management alike, they've managed to negotiate dramatic improments in pay and work rules in the 2 years they've been in existence. All at no cost to the pilots.

D

Here, here!:beer: They've done a great job!

Just received the "we've received your resume" email from them. Any idea how long to get a call?

Latest resources

Back