• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant's Future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Defensive... not at all. Why should I care that you don't like my airline? The only thing I care about it that our passengers like our airline, and it looks as if they do.

What's wrong with BIS?

"Allegiant Airways. Because poor people like to fly, too."

Why do we do this?

Can we please stop with the childish 'my airline's better than yours' diatribe. If you have some constructive criticism or meaningful input we'd love to hear it,...but spare us the attempts at wit and humor.

These comments do nothing but drive pilots away from this website; the one's that don't spend their days reading tabloids...ones that might otherwise actually have intelligent and insightful information to contribute.

Folks, we're all in this mess together. Any one of us could be on the street at any time; websites like this have the potential to provide valuable information we ALL could use to navigate our way through what's become a pretty dicey career.

Mojado, yes, Allegiant's pay is not industry-leading, but, IF your interested in actually learning something I'll be happy to fill you in. First off, we're a new company. SWA heard the same line of attacks when they were a young growing operation. Secondly, it's been 2 short years since our pilot group (AAPAG) has been in existence and they've bust their ass negotiating almost 20% pay increases in back to back yearly negotitions. We'll be back to the tables again next year... And that's in addition to a myriad of work rule improvements and a 130% over 81 hrs flown.

Most of our guys that have been here for 2-3 years are in the left seat making $85K to $100K. Combine that with 14-day months, being home every night, all out 'n backs with zero dead time hanging around airports and that hourly starts looking better. Lots of leisure time.

Pilot Bob: Please try and be more specific..."bleak' just doesn't add much to the discussion.

Again, let's all be big boys/girls and keep it informative and civil.

Thanks,

D1

"Allegiant Airways. Because poor people like to fly, too."

We actually take people who live in BFE, but for the most part make a good living. Many of our customers buy hotel rooms through us, and many of them stay at top notch hotels. From what I understand, we book many more nights in the Wynn, Caesars, Treasure Island, and Belagio then book at the lower level hotels. Our airfares may be cheap, but the rest of package adds up.

Either way, we do what we do and turn a profit doing it.

Based on the info you provide let me guess... :

CFI - BizEx - COEX - TWA - American - Shady lear outfit - USA3000 (maybe spirit)

C'mon am I close?

No wonder you're bitter... I don't blame ya bud..

Last edited:
I though Allegiant was non-union, what is AAPAG?

AAPAG is our in house, unofficial union. Simply pilots donating their time for the pilot group. Just like your run of the mill union, we have a scheduling rep, negotiating team, pro standards, etc..

They have done great things for the pilot group since being formed.

Does Mesa fly 737"s or did you buy it at indoc ?. and if so, are you interested in being a feeder for AAY?. Just think nobody to undercut.

Does Mesa fly 737"s or did you buy it at indoc ?. and if so, are you interested in being a feeder for AAY?. Just think nobody to undercut.

Say whatever you want, but our QOL is very good and most people are really happy here. How many airlines can you truthfully say that about?

Latest resources

Back