• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was talking about AirTran, Spirit, and Frontier. They fly to larger cities like ATL, LGA, and LAX while also serving smaller secondary type places like CAK, FNT, and ACY. Jeff H. mentioned AAY trying to become an FL, NK or F9. I was just inquiring about AAY's focus on vacation travel vs. the other guys mix of vacation and business travel.

AAY is focused on the vacation traveler. I think Jeff meant that we were striving to become on par with their work rules, compensation, and benefits. We are a LCC just like they are, we just go after a different segment of the customer.

By the way... I just noticed your avatar. As a Red Sox fan, I can no longer discuss this with you.:bomb: :laugh:

Should be a great second half!!!

Chperplt,
I was referring to the way Ryanair treats it's employees. I know about the fact that allegiant sells items on the plane to customers, and that they got that idea from Ryanair. However, what do you think about them getting ideas about firing pilots for charging their cellphones in the airport, or for buying water on the plane. Did you look at the link about Ryanair?

Thanks for your thoughtful responses.

We're not going to get fired for charging our cell phone in the airport, and we don't have to buy water on our flights. If that were to ever start, they wouldn't have to fire anyone, as we would all run away very quickly.

We're not Ryan Air and we don't operate like Ryan Air. We have similarites as do a lot of other companies.

Yes, I've read the link. I know all about them.

what is a realistic timeline from resume faxed to an interview call? I live in mco and would work out great for me having a sfb base. thanks.

learflyer said:
what is a realistic timeline from resume faxed to an interview call? I live in mco and would work out great for me having a sfb base. thanks.

About a year:

I've had two internal rec's, 2 mailed and a few emailed resumes and still no response. I'm from the MCO area as well and would love to move back.

Good Luck!!

It all depends on your quals.. They like airline types. Could be as little as a few days or as long as forever.

Go to SFB and buy a crew a coffee... Hang out at the wing house in SFB... Meet yourself a crew and get a resume walked in... Thats the fasteset way... UEJ Who are your internal recs? Not an Eastern scab I hope... That may be your problem right there..

-Bag

Latest resources

Back