• Start date
  • Watchers 10

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, why don't you put a peanut in an envelope with a note stating just that. Those guys will laugh their a$$ off and probably give you the job.

mamba20 said:
Yeah, he's definitely a chode. Anyone know what the mins are at Allegiant?

My stats are

4600 tt
1400 jet part 91
750 pic-jet all 91
1000 pic TP
1700 135 and 121
two types ratings

aug 22 class

rvsm410-

Why do you think the "days of making over 200 per hour are gone for good?" We are currently near the nadir of probably the worst downturn in aviation history and many pilots are making 200 per hour or more. After multiple concessionary contracts during the last few years we still have airlines such as Amr, Dal, Cal, NWA, Airborne Express, Fed Ex, UPS, Ual, and SWA all with hourly rates that are either over 200 or darn close to it.

I degress, as I was generalizing about the industry as a whole. My point is that the world economy is changing rapidly and not for the better as far as oil prices go ($65 a Barrel yesterday) My observations and JMHO is that many changes are in store for many markets i.e.food costs, real estate prices etc, things seem to be getting out of hand and everyone must be willing to or forced to change with them as we all have seen these changes everyday. I just dont see anyway back to the glory days of the late 90's where senior captains (dal) were pulling down $340/hr and dispatchers were able to top out into 6 figures at a major....

Seems all of us will have to live to another set of income standards for some time to come if we want to stay in aviation....It is time for the public to pick up the tab for the fuel increases, I believe tat DAL and UAL raised there tix today...

Green said:
rvsm410-

Why do you think the "days of making over 200 per hour are gone for good?" We are currently near the nadir of probably the worst downturn in aviation history and many pilots are making 200 per hour or more. After multiple concessionary contracts during the last few years we still have airlines such as Amr, Dal, Cal, NWA, Airborne Express, Fed Ex, UPS, Ual, and SWA all with hourly rates that are either over 200 or darn close to it.

I wouldn't be so sure that we'll never see our way back to 340/hr. I bet during the early 90's nobody thought 300k would be possible. It might take us a while to get back there but this business is obviously cyclical and we happen to be in the middle of a down cycle...

Green said:
I wouldn't be so sure that we'll never see our way back to 340/hr. I bet during the early 90's nobody thought 300k would be possible. It might take us a while to get back there but this business is obviously cyclical and we happen to be in the middle of a down cycle...

This is the first down-cycle where low-cost carriers are a prominent part of the airline travel market. Unfortunately, I think the glory days for the legacy's are in the history books.

Latest resources

Back