Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Wow Laughlin as a base thats cool.

No, it is actually one of the HOTTEST places in the United States---averaging 120 degrees F in the Summer. Enjoy. At least there is a river there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
What's the schedule look like at Allegiant, ie, how many on, off. Can you jumpseat to the new SFD base when it opens? thanx in advance

AAY jumpseat and schedule

hawkerjet said:
What's the schedule look like at Allegiant, ie, how many on, off. Can you jumpseat to the new SFD base when it opens? thanx in advance

AAY or G4 has JS agreements with just about everyone EXCEPT: Delta, NWA, and Continental. Allegiant takes unlimited JSers both pilots and F/As on the scheduled 121 flights. I believe we will even take F/As on the F/A jumpseat, if available, at least with f9 and AWA.

The schedules vary. My opinion is the LAS schedules are the worst because we don't fly Tues. and Sat. This makes it hard to back up the trips and makes if tough on commuters. Also Allegiant adds reserve days in a hard-line schedule. LAS covers auxilary reserve for the other bases. If there is no coverage for another base, the company buys a ticket for the LAS-based pilot to cover the trip.

DEN (until May1), IFP, RNO have 6 pilots at each base with one MD80 and all are hard lines. The lines are more productive and have more days off, with some heavy crew flying as well.

Out of DEN, I've had 17 - 21 days off a month, but that is coming to an end. As far as SFB, the schedules might be better than LAS as we will fly six days a week, making it easier to back up trips. There should be some longer flights to get the hours in less days.

Last edited:
Anything new ??

I heard there was to be a new class for the sfb base but nobody has heard anything ??

Any idea how many in the class ... how many planes based in sfb .... cities served ??

Seems the plans are still very 'up in the air'.

DD

Class of 12 for March 3rd

SFB or MCO. There is an open bid or AAY is opening up the bases to all the current pilots, so the new hires will most likely get a choice, but the majority will go to FL.

Possible cities: DSM and PIA. These cities are already served by Allegiant out of LAS.

If you are in the March 3rd class, sound off!

I can vouch for Hegelson. Other than some strange sexual proclivities, he is a good $hit (which is the highest compliment you can give a TWA guy!).

Bullhead City and Lake Havasau rock! If you're single, it's great.

TC
ex-StatesWest SD360 pilot

I was flying into ATL last Sunday and I heard an Allegiant flight on the frequency, and the approach controller, a nice guy named Buzz, asked the Allegiant flight where "their base was" and they said Reno. I saw it land and it was an MD-87, a short MD-80. Probably a charter, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hi!

Tried to PM U with this-said your mailbox was full...

Subject: USA Jet
I just saw your name in the old company handbook-it was an example of a seniority list. I have been here 2.5 years. "edit" is now a line captain only. Fred T. is Chief Pilot. Things are going pretty well. You always get your days off if you want them (sometimes even if you don't). My last 4 trips I've ended on the road, and the co. has airlined me home.

I hope to make it to "edit" someday.

Good luck to you!

Cliff
YIP

PS-It's now 1 year (or less) to the -9 or Capt upgrade on the Falcon (all new hires come in on the Falcon now). The longest guy to upgrade to Falcon was 3 years-after 9.11.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back