• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant hiring???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, that is huge. I live in MCO as well so the SFB base would have been ideal. It was a tough decision. My wife wanted me to go to Allegiant. I choose NetJets because I figured between being owned by Berkshire-Hathaway and being the industry leader, the long term viability and job security would be greater. Amazing how things can change over 2 years.

You come down for two interviews, turn down the job, are about to be furloughed, and AAY continues to make money and grow. Ain't life a bitch sometimes...

You come down for two interviews, turn down the job, are about to be furloughed, and AAY continues to make money and grow. Ain't life a bitch sometimes...

Why are you picking on him chp? I've turned down jobs before to stay at my sim facility where it was "stable." Now i've lost my job (as well as my wife) and we are losing our home. We make decisions and "life is what happens when you make other plans."

I've been trying to get on Allegiant for years. I had a job interview lined up in October of 07'. 4 days before the interview I got the dreaded early am wakeup call from my Mother. My Father had passed away. Obviously I had to go back home to NY and help my mother bury him, etc. I called Patrice about it and she seemed understanding at the time ("no problem, we'll get you in the next interview class") She did nothing but blow me off from that point on. Finally 5-6 months later she finally answered one of my phone calls and told me in a sarcastic way that i'm "persistent." From this point on the economy started sucking and everyone wanted in at Allegiant and I was told I will be considered with others.

You guys missed out on one skilled MF'er!

Yes, that is huge. I live in MCO as well so the SFB base would have been ideal. It was a tough decision. My wife wanted me to go to Allegiant. I choose NetJets because I figured between being owned by Berkshire-Hathaway and being the industry leader, the long term viability and job security would be greater. Amazing how things can change over 2 years.

If you interviewed in 07 I would think the split between the two companies was far greater and made for an easier choice. At that time Allegiant's pay was even farther below industry standard and the future survival was not as clear. Pilots were leaving Allegiant (both seats) in 07 to go to many other airlines. One even passed on a captain upgrade to go to UAL.

If you interviewed in 07 I would think the split between the two companies was far greater and made for an easier choice. At that time Allegiant's pay was even farther below industry standard and the future survival was not as clear. Pilots were leaving Allegiant (both seats) in 07 to go to many other airlines. One even passed on a captain upgrade to go to UAL.

Financially, yes, it was (and still is) a pretty big difference. Taking home 70K in my first year at NJA was nothing to laugh at. The benefits package is second to none as well. I'd rather make less money and have job security though. That's priority #1 in any career. At the time, NJA was the safer move. Hindsight is 20/20. Still haven't furloughed anyone here at NJA but we have a feeling it's coming. As long as it isn't more than 300 or so guys I'm alright. Either that or us junior guys may be heading to China to start up NetJets China. :cool:

Why are you picking on him chp? I've turned down jobs before to stay at my sim facility where it was "stable." Now i've lost my job (as well as my wife) and we are losing our home. We make decisions and "life is what happens when you make other plans."

I've been trying to get on Allegiant for years. I had a job interview lined up in October of 07'. 4 days before the interview I got the dreaded early am wakeup call from my Mother. My Father had passed away. Obviously I had to go back home to NY and help my mother bury him, etc. I called Patrice about it and she seemed understanding at the time ("no problem, we'll get you in the next interview class") She did nothing but blow me off from that point on. Finally 5-6 months later she finally answered one of my phone calls and told me in a sarcastic way that i'm "persistent." From this point on the economy started sucking and everyone wanted in at Allegiant and I was told I will be considered with others.

You guys missed out on one skilled MF'er!

I'm not picking on him... really. If you go back and seach some of his AAY posts, you'll see why I said what I did.

Btw... Patrice isn't the person who calls anyone for interviews.

I'm not picking on him... really. If you go back and seach some of his AAY posts, you'll see why I said what I did.

Btw... Patrice isn't the person who calls anyone for interviews.

Well, i've been dealing with them for so long that she used to be. thanks anyway

Latest resources

Back