• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant hiring???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus, pretty hostile towards allegiant. Seems like a good company too me. Besides, it's not all about the money. There is quality of life issues. Seems like pretty good schedules and home most every night. Is this still true?

In theory that is true. You need to be able to hold the base you want though. It must have open slots. If we hire 10 pilots it is possible to only have slots in a few bases. That could leave you as a commuter for months possibly. The process starts all over when you want to upgrade, a captain slot may or may not be open in your base of choice. We currently have 10 crew bases. It gets tricky when you consider that we have crew bases on complete opposite ends of the country. If you were hired here you would probably like it once you got in your base of choice. If a person wants overnites and larger equipment to fly across the Atlantic, this is the wrong place. As with any company, the workers are happier when the place is in growth mode verses stagnant mode.

Unfortunately that profitability doesn't extend to the pilots.

Enjoy buying your own place for training, but then you can kick back and relax because you'll be making the big bucks all first year long at a whopping $2870/mo. Seeing as there's no work rules you'll be certain not to have to worry your accountant with any frills and simply focus on minimum guarantee times flight hour pay.

Anyone else curious why they're going to unionize over there? I'm not.

that's more than i made at United

In theory that is true. You need to be able to hold the base you want though. It must have open slots. If we hire 10 pilots it is possible to only have slots in a few bases. That could leave you as a commuter for months possibly. The process starts all over when you want to upgrade, a captain slot may or may not be open in your base of choice.

I fail to see the problem. This is how it works everywhere.

Hi!

Obviously, Allegiant is a HORRIBLE job and no one should apply there.

If you have MD-8x experience, please apply to African Express. It is OBVIOUSLY MUCH better, since Allegiant is such a $hithole.

African Express's will pay about $3500/$4000 month, with crappy lodging, and they fly regularly to Mogadishu, Somalia, and Berbera, Somaliland. Berbera is safer. There is NO commuting, and, basically, no reduced fare pilot or family travel on anyone when flying for AE.

I think all those that just bashed Allegiant should be required to email and promote to all their out-of-work pilot friends the above African Express job!!!

cliff
NBO
So what your saying is it's ok to be a whore. $1 per diem?? Jesus

So what your saying is it's ok to be a whore. $1 per diem?? Jesus

Per diem? What the hell do we need per diem for? I haven't spent a single night away from home in over a year on company business...not one single night. I sure as hell won't be eating at any hotel restaurants.

A pay raise, a union, and revised work rules is what we really need. To hell with per diem.

I fail to see the problem. This is how it works everywhere.

It could be worse here as you have a small total number of pilots spread across a large number of bases. When the two main bases were LAS and SFB and Allegiant grew faster it was a small issue. The point is all day trips does not always mean you will be at your home every night once you complete training here. That is no longer as large of a selling point for working here and not paying the pilots industry standard.

Per diem? What the hell do we need per diem for? I haven't spent a single night away from home in over a year on company business...not one single night. I sure as hell won't be eating at any hotel restaurants.

A pay raise, a union, and revised work rules is what we really need. To hell with per diem.

So you don't eat anything during the day? Or is it you can't afford food? Not spending a single night away is good, assuming everyone lives in LAS or is forced to move there.

P.S. per diem is pay, dumb a$$

Latest resources

Back