• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Hiring Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not an ALGT employee but it is my understanding that they primarily operate day trips. Presumably not very (same day) commutable.

So....after all of that.... Anyone have a clue how hard it would be commute? I live near the BLI base, but doubt I would be awarded it. Does the schedule have enough flexibility?

So....after all of that.... Anyone have a clue how hard it would be commute? I live near the BLI base, but doubt I would be awarded it. Does the schedule have enough flexibility?

There are commuters at every base so it is possible. We do day trips so you are looking at the added expense of a crashpad and a car in base if you choose to commute! There is a good chance you can't commute directly into domicile (SFB,PIE,IWA,UTA,IFP)....something to consider! We operate a reduced schedule on Tues and Sat. which does effect the ability to build commutable lines, at least until you gain some senority.

Well said.

Then why don't you just quit en masse at the Big Brown so we can all get hired at the creme de la creme operator?

Better yet... why don't you, as best paid pilots in the U.S. start an adopt-a-furloughee program? After all, you are all earning a fat 6-figure check. How about in the spirit of brotherhood you protect us from applying at these "low life bottom dwellers" by paying our basic living expenses as we look to find jobs that you approve of? Don't wanna do that, either?

Then.... how about a nice cup of shut the f**k up?

Are you comparing those rates to the "new" northwest/delta rates? Do you realize those rates are bottom of the barrel rates that were forced down the throats of those pilots in bankruptcy?

So by your reasoning, those pilots at carriers in bankruptcy should have resigned rather than accept "bottom of the barrel rates". By accepting those imposed rates, they have done more to lower the profession than those of us who hired on for higher rates.

When looking at Allegiant for me I liked the idea of being home every night. To me, after spending the last two years of crashing in layovers, and hotels and being able to sleep in my own bed for a total of 80 nights a year over the last 2 years. It is a completely different business model than a legacy, and as such you should look at what the plusses and minuses are. Go to a legacy, do 3-4 day trips where your gone in a hotel away from family. Go to Allegiant, go out come back home sleep in bed, repeat and still get a good number of days off.

To each their own, but sadly QOL is important to me.

Latest resources

Back