• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good points. I know of a couple of guys that just got hired that were flying old Lears for Ameriflight and also knew guys that worked there.

Keep your chin up. You've got great experience thusfar and you will be valuable to someone soon I am sure. Seriously, both AirTran and Spirit are hiring (look at the recent post) and their automated aircraft will be simple for you to fly after getting experience on the E170. Make sure that you do a lot of networking with pilots from the various carriers if you haven't already.

Hi all.

Resurrecting an old post for my first post.

I am leaving the military this month and looking for something in greener pastures. Could anyone please help an ignorant ex-military type with a few questions?

Allegiant lists 3000 hours min for their new hires. In ten straight years of flying I only have 1750 hours, albeit in the FA-18 (that is average). Hence, almost all my time is PIC and jet. Will they overlook the 3000?

Allegiant's pay scale isn't the best (but good enough for me, most of my peers have been going to southwest). Domicile is more important to me than pay. I would really like to live in Reno. Is that doable; would I have to commute to Las Vegas for my trips?

I do not know anyone at allegiant, but I have some good LORs from my current job.

Thanks in advance.

Huggy

Hi all.

Resurrecting an old post for my first post.

I am leaving the military this month and looking for something in greener pastures. Could anyone please help an ignorant ex-military type with a few questions?

Allegiant lists 3000 hours min for their new hires. In ten straight years of flying I only have 1750 hours, albeit in the FA-18 (that is average). Hence, almost all my time is PIC and jet. Will they overlook the 3000?

Allegiant's pay scale isn't the best (but good enough for me, most of my peers have been going to southwest). Domicile is more important to me than pay. I would really like to live in Reno. Is that doable; would I have to commute to Las Vegas for my trips?

I do not know anyone at allegiant, but I have some good LORs from my current job.

Thanks in advance.

Huggy

Not sure about Allegiant, but have you considered Netjets? A lot of military going there lately with its growth and new contract. Delta is hiring too - plenty of Blue Angels there who might appreciate your background.

Has anyone heard when the next class may be? The letter I received said they would continue to evaluate all candidates and contact me if needed for a future class. If not, to update again in 6 months which I thought was odd since they said they would not reinterview anyone not selected until 1 year was up. Not sure if this means I'm in a "hiring pool" or what the deal is? Anyone familiar with a situation like this or get the same letter?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard when the next class may be? The letter I received said they would continue to evaluate all candidates and contact me if needed for a future class. If not, to update again in 6 months. Not sure if this means I'm in a "hiring pool" or what the deal is? Anyone familiar with a situation like this or get the same letter?

Dude - give it up -- it's a nice way of saying "See ya in a year".

Hey bro, look for the silver lining.

He's correct, even if the spirit of his comment was bad.The Maddog isn't an easy airplane to manage, especially for someone who's had an RJ hold their hand for a couple of years. If I were hiring for a MD80 carrier, I'd probably look for pilots who had a lot of experience on jets that don't do everything for you. I've only been out of the -80 for six months and I'd be lost if I had to transition back. Once you learn how to type and hit the right button, you get spoiled to letting the computer fly. If I had to actually go back to a real mans airplane, I might be dangerous.:D

I am relieved and feel safer at night knowing that you are in the automated one now. ;)

Dude - give it up -- it's a nice way of saying "See ya in a year".

Just curious is all, but as always someone has to insert a smart a$$ comment since, afterall, it is Flightinfo. It's not that big of a deal. Have a NetJets interview coming up in the near future anyhow where I have some connections unlike Allegiant. Everything usually plays out the way it does for a reason.

Last edited:
I agree with you......... NetJets is a great company and work rules are better than most airlines from what I can tell. Hope it works out.

See........I'm not ALWAYS a smarta** :)

Latest resources

Back