• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant 4Q results in 23.4% operating margin and $25 million share buyback

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually support a union at G4, as do many other pilots, but for now we are non-union and we're going to make the best of it.

Most don't realize that there is one very bothersome labor law that can break a union drive with no help from management, and it is effective in Arizona, Missisippi, Nevada and Florida which is where 8 of our 9 pilot bases are located.
It can derail a union drive even with majority support at our company. I hope for a union in the future, but I know that it will be more difficult for our group than for others in the industry with bases elsewhere.

Things will have to get much worse here to have the pilots angry enough to pass a union drive in these states.

and what exactly is the bothersome labor law that you are referring to?

Most don't realize that there is one very bothersome labor law that can break a union drive with no help from management, and it is effective in Arizona, Missisippi, Nevada and Florida which is where 8 of our 9 pilot bases are located.
It can derail a union drive even with majority support at our company. I hope for a union in the future, but I know that it will be more difficult for our group than for others in the industry with bases elsewhere.

Just a heads up: you're under the RLA, not subject to right-to-work laws. Thought you might want to know that.

Nope, Taft-Hartley, which was an amendment to the Nat'l Labor Relations Act, doesn't apply to airline employees. The Railway Labor Act preempts it.

Blue Dude is correct. Any RLA employee group is completely exempt from those ridiculous "right to work" laws.

Latest resources

Back