• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant 3Q results in 16.5% operating margin and $13.8 million profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and thats without any one-time "special" charges!

You open yourself up for the quarterly Allegiant bashing session when you get on here and start bragging about how great your company is doing financially while your pay and work rules are considerably different from the norm. I'm not saying different is good or bad, but unless you want to spend the next couple of pages defending why Allegiant is different you ought to consider toning it down a bit.

Why would you want to stir up the hornet's nest? We go through this every quarter with you guys. Some of you proclaim how wonderful the bottom line is at Allegiant and then about a half dozen other guys start bitching about your pay. You guys then try to defend it. Wash, rinse, repeat. We've been doing this on here for a couple years now.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it's old news.

You open yourself up for the quarterly Allegiant bashing session when you get on here and start bragging about how great your company is doing financially while your pay and work rules are considerably different from the norm. I'm not saying different is good or bad, but unless you want to spend the next couple of pages defending why Allegiant is different you ought to consider toning it down a bit.

Why would you want to stir up the hornet's nest? We go through this every quarter with you guys. Some of you proclaim how wonderful the bottom line is at Allegiant and then about a half dozen other guys start bitching about your pay. You guys then try to defend it. Wash, rinse, repeat. We've been doing this on here for a couple years now.

If you dont like it................then move along! :p

Guys all I can say is that if JB pilots can get the rates up then anyone can do it. JB hiring used targeted selection to hire the best cheerleaders they could find.

It took 7 years to do it but finally rates and rules are being changed even if they are only industry standard but at least our 190 buys are finally getting paid a decent rate.

Good luck..

Guys all I can say is that if JB pilots can get the rates up then anyone can do it. JB hiring used targeted selection to hire the best cheerleaders they could find.

It took 7 years to do it but finally rates and rules are being changed even if they are only industry standard but at least our 190 buys are finally getting paid a decent rate.

Good luck..

True, and that's great. I just hope it doesn't backfire. With no CBA, the company can cut pay rates and benefits if they ever post a loss.

We're currently in the same situation JB was a year and a half ago. Negotiations with mgt and a union drive in the making. The difference is JB has a CEO who voluntarily decided to clean house in the management department and make the airline a good place to work for the pilots. If he hadn't made that conscious decision, they would still be sub-standard because they voted the union down preemptively on a promise.

True, and that's great. I just hope it doesn't backfire. With no CBA, the company can cut pay rates and benefits if they ever post a loss.

Actually, they can't cut wages without the agreement of the pilot concerned. They can cut in other areas (most benefits are conspicuously not included in the working agreement) and make life miserable until you agree, but they can't unilaterally cut wages.

You have just summed up 99% of the post on FI! Allegiant's quarterly results are just one of several currently posted on this message board! I can't speak to the original poster's intent, I will assume it's to pass along information that might be relevant to others. When/if I am the first to post this kind of information that is my intention, nothing more nothing less!

Actually, they can't cut wages without the agreement of the pilot concerned. They can cut in other areas (most benefits are conspicuously not included in the working agreement) and make life miserable until you agree, but they can't unilaterally cut wages.

Sorta like ---- If they cut your wages and you still show up for work, then that is "agreement?" Geez, you ought to work for the Obama administration with fantasy thinking like that.

Last edited:
You have just summed up 99% of the post on FI! Allegiant's quarterly results are just one of several currently posted on this message board! I can't speak to the original poster's intent, I will assume it's to pass along information that might be relevant to others. When/if I am the first to post this kind of information that is my intention, nothing more nothing less!

C, what's going on Brother?

The news about Allegiant's quarterly results is certainly relevant and good info. Congrats BTW. Something about the special charges comment and the way it was posted just seemed a bit ill advised to me. That may not have been the OP's intent, but it came across that way.

Check your PMs.

Sorta like ---- If they cut your wages and you still show up for work, then that is "agreement?" Geez, you ought to work for the Obama administration with fantasy thinking like that.

No, it is as in "this contract which we both signed has agreed upon rates and I am not signing this other contract with lower rates". The first contract with its higher rates remains in effect as long as I'm not fired for cause, which is also part of the agreement. They can "cut my wages" all they like, but they're going to end up in mediation, then arbitration, as soon as the first pay check arrives with the lower rates. Along with 2000 other pilots. All on their dime, for an action that they will lose. Which is why my rates can't be cut without my explicit permission. There's no fantasy involved.

you CEO was on CNBC early in the year after posting stellar returns and a share price increase of 48% or so in last year's market. He was asked since his company had several different revenue streams, was the airline operation profitable as a stand alone? He said no. My question is : Is this still the case? or has the fleet growth made it possible to be profitable in the airline operation? Oil did spike last year so maybe last year was an anomaly with regard to that question.

Latest resources

Back