• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant 3Q results in 16.5% operating margin and $13.8 million profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're funny when you're all crazy like that.

Since when did JB do anything to middle management?

I totally agree. I'm a JetBlue pilot and I would love to know about this shake up in middle management. I wish we would shake up middle management a little.

JetBlue's CEO chose to give the pilots pay raises and better work rules rather than have a union on property.

Now that I will agree with. Although, he didn't so much choose, essentially he was forced to do it, otherwise, as you said, the Union would have shown up a year later.

When the Pilot Compensation review was done in 2008, the infamous "raises for all seats, just not all seniorities" was the response. Well, that review showed jetblue pilots to be woefully behind our peers in just about all areas, mind you, in too many we still are.

After JBPA filed for representation, not a day went by where we didn't receive some email from jetblue, where they said they would do better and how the unions were evil! So, some people chose to give the Co. yet another chance, hence the vote failed, however, that forced the hand of the Co., had they done nothing, many of those that chose to vote no would probably rapidly switch to seeking representation.

So, as to my original point and my contention with your statement, it wasn't that Barger wanted to, it was that he felt unionization would be a worse alternative.

Based on the Co. response to the compensation review in 2008, I harbor no illusion, that the Co. will make any improvements unless forced by something to do so, in this case it was the fear of a union on the property. Even though the vote failed, I am certain the thought is, that the future holds another vote and that only improvements in compensation and benefits can sway the outcome. Mind you, there are several items that cannot be offered outside a CBA, it will be interesting to see how the Co. addresses those issues.

As for the shake up in MM, not sure it is as big as it should have been nor sure that the choices were much better than previous.

Last edited:
BTW, this is supposedly a statement from the Allegiant CEO: "His response was that he indeed wanted Allegiant to be able to attract and retain professional pilots looking to make Allegiant a long term career."

So you should be okay without a union or the threat of one, right?

I think we both know better!

Are we friends now :)

Every NJ guy wants to know!!! Nothing like trying to get back into the airlines.........

Latest resources

Back