Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All you sons a bitches want to live forever?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falcon20driver

"Come on, you sons of bitches-do you want to live forever?" (Attributed to Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood, June 1918.)

Happy birthday Marines, 230 years, Semper Fi

Famous Marine Corps Quotes

"Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there." (Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC, April 1965.)

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, 1962.)

"Retreat Hell! We're just attacking in another direction." (Attributed to Major General Oliver P. Smith, USMC, Korea, December 1950.)

"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" (Captain Henry P. "Jim" Crowe, USMC, Guadalcanal, 13 January 1943.)

"Come on, you sons of bitches-do you want to live forever?" (Attributed to Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood, June 1918.)

"Once a Marine, always a Marine!"(MSgt Paul Woyshner, a 40-year Marine, is credited with originating this expression during a taproom argument with a discharged Marine.)

"I can't say enough about the two Marine divisions. If I use words like brilliant, it would really be an under-description of the absolutely superb job they did in breaching the so-called impenetrable barrier. . .Absolutely superb operation, a textbook, and I think it'll be studied for many, many years to come as the way to do it." (General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, USA, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 27 February 1991.)

"I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world." (General Douglas MacArthur, USA, outskirts of Seoul, 21 September 1950.)
"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!"
FERDINAND FOCH
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
"The more MARINES I have around the better I like it!"
GEN. MARK CLARK, U.S. ARMY
"I want you boys to hurry up and whip these Germans so we can get out to the Pacific to kick the s**t out of the purple-pissing Japanese, before the Godda**ed MARINES get all the credit!" Lt General George Patton, US Army 1945
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL
"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!"
MAJ. HOLDREDGE
"A ship without MARINES is like a garment without buttons."
ADM. DAVID PORTER, USN
"The MARINES have landed and have the situation well in hand!"
RICHARD HARDING DAVIS
"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency: we are winning!"
COL. DAVID M. SHOUP, USMC
"I can never again see a UNITED STATES MARINE without experiencing a feeling of reverence."
GEN. JOHNSON, U.S. ARMY
"The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a MARINE CORPS for the next 500 years."
JAMES FORRESTAL, SECRETARY OF THE NAVY
"Come on, you sons of b*****! Do you want to live forever?"
GySgt. DANIEL DALY, USMC

"We're not retreating, Hell! We're just attacking in a different direction!"
GEN. OLIVER SMITH, USMC

"I have just returned from visiting the MARINES at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!"
GEN. DOUGLAS MACARTHUR, U.S. ARMY

"Teufelhunde! (Devil Dogs)"
GERMAN SOLDIERS, WW1 at BELLEAU WOOD

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those b*****ds won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!"
GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of MARINES. LORD, how they could fight!"
MAJ. GEN. FRANK LOWE, U.S. ARMY
"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the AMERICAN MARINES."
CAPTURED NORTH KOREAN MAJOR

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." Unknown

Last edited:
Now that I can see the complete post.... Happy birthday and thanks!

Last edited:
Happy birthday Devil Dogs.

Semper Fi.

Cpl. USMC G. Co 2/24
1996-2003

Last edited:
Happy Birthday.

230 years of kicking butt for Uncle Sam

Born to fight

Trained to kill

Ready to die

But never will!

Last edited:
  • No, I don't want to live forever, but re-living the 80's one more time would be a rush.
  • Son's a b's? Hey, it runs in the family, I can't help that.
  • USMC Birthday? Ha...I got some Jarhead friends and relatives, I guess I got a reason to go pick up a 12 pack of Pilsner Urquells today! Bottoms up and happy birthday Jarheads!

Yep, Happy Birthday, and Thanks

The best birthday present I could wish for you is to have everybody else butt out and let you do the job we've asked you to do, YOUR way.

UAL78 said:
The best birthday present I could wish for you is to have everybody else butt out and let you do the job we've asked you to do, YOUR way.
:uzi:

Latest resources

Back