All Nwa Groups Now Have A Bullseye

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deli guy. I say your wrong. 24.50 hr times 40hr a week =980 per week

980 per week times 52 weeks =50,960$ that is the bottom of middle class. do you recomend that we pay minimum wage for people to clean, and stock our planes. imigrant may be or high schoolers or drop outs with no career intention . or do we pay a decent wage to mature adults who will not be putting a special package on you plane when somone gives him 5000. extra to look away.

Think about it you get waht you pay for. If everthing was about doing it the cheapest way you can, you would not have a quality product.

SAFE ,SMART, LEGAL,

Not cheap cheap and just bareley good enough

Oh yea deli guy.

Your job is on the list of cuts also

all of labor is being attacked. your no better than a cleaner, a mechanic, a flight engineer, or a manager. Labor is labor and it costs what they negotiate

Hey v two,
I disagree. $51,000 is a bunch of money for a company to pay someone to take out the trash. That $52,000 does not count the medical, dental, retirement. That is why the regionals and the LCC's pay about $12.00 an hour with no benefits and no retirement. That is why NW mgmt demanded cuts. When AMFA boxed themselves in through outrageous negotiating, NW mgmt cut them off at the knees (as predicted by ALPA) I know my job is on the line and that is why I have a labor organization called ALPA to represent me. I support them.

The concept that it would take an extra $5000 for someone to slip something extra on my airplane is.......kooky. The guys who want something on my airplane would do it for 72 virgins in Valhalla or... wherever.

The concept that all of labor is under attack should be directed to most of us on this board. Again, I am not sure where you work but I see a 757 on your profile. Why get mad at me for standing by ALPA. That is my labor union. Is that not marxist enough for you? Should I wear a red arm band and burn American flags in the street until all lazy uneducated people who clean up the trash are elevated to $51,000 plus benefits? Airline labor is under attack because it is a business. If someone can do it cheaper, everyone must do it cheaper, and those that do not react--die. LCCs and regionals are doing it cheaper. That is what NW management is smashing in our face.
Again, with no bitterness or anger, what is driving these draconian demands is the changed landscape in the aviation industry. LCC guys get on this board and slam me because I do not stand by AMFA. What union do they stand by? Regional guys want me to stand up to management by supporting AMFA's crazy demands--so that their (regional guys) future is better. "Support labor!" they scream like the sheep from George Orwell's Animal Farm What are their mechanics making? We are all causing each other problems. Give NW ALPA their turn. They have only been setting the industry standard since 1929. Why not wait and see what they do?

P.S. If I do get furloughed from my pilot job, can I come live in your fantasy world where the starting pay for unskilled work starts at $51,000 plus bennies?

vtwo said:
Deli guy. I say your wrong. 24.50 hr times 40hr a week =980 per week

980 per week times 52 weeks =50,960$ that is the bottom of middle class. do you recomend that we pay minimum wage for people to clean, and stock our planes. imigrant may be or high schoolers or drop outs with no career intention . or do we pay a decent wage to mature adults who will not be putting a special package on you plane when somone gives him 5000. extra to look away.
Good point...just imagine what kind of crap they could get on those planes at 5.50 an hour?

Deli Guy said:
P.S. If I do get furloughed from my pilot job, can I come live in your fantasy world where the starting pay for unskilled work starts at $51,000 plus bennies?
I could set you up with something like that, but you'd have to be willing to learn how to produce something.

Deli Guy said:
Hey v two,
I disagree. $51,000 is a bunch of money for a company to pay someone to take out the trash. That $52,000 does not count the medical, dental, retirement. That is why the regionals and the LCC's pay about $12.00 an hour with no benefits and no retirement. That is why NW mgmt demanded cuts.

If you agree that a NW cleaner should make what the average LCC cleaner makes, or that a NW mechanic should make what the average LCC mechanic makes, then by that rational you must believe that a NW pilot should make what the average LCC pilot makes. Correct?

Goose and Gander kinda thing.

320AV8R said:
Maybe....NWA will play the scope vs pension game.

You are absolutely correct. It will be interesting to see how much solidarity there is in NW ALPA when the heavy captains are asked to give up their retirement to keep the 9 routes and aircraft. I know how the senior guys would vote at my airline if we were faced with the same problem.

Don't get me wrong, I hate all of this. But here's a question: How will NW ALPA feel when 9 flying is routed to a regional 70-90 seat aircraft and BK is avoided? Will that be considered a vicotry for the pilots?

Redmeat said:
If you agree that a NW cleaner should make what the average LCC cleaner makes, or that a NW mechanic should make what the average LCC mechanic makes, then by that rational you must believe that a NW pilot should make what the average LCC pilot makes. Correct?

Goose and Gander kinda thing.

An excellent question.

Latest resources

Back