All ATP flight school=Joke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

ATP has a phone interview with private pilots to come to their AIRLINE CAREER PILOt PROGRAM....

A guy doing the interview the other day, ask for definition of lift, my friend stated the definition, the interviewer told him it was incorrect, (Low pressure on top high on the bottom of wing) The ATP guy laughed at him on the phone.-- that is very unprofessional!!

I would recommend ATP to no - one!!!! They wanted him to pay 5,000.00 for a refresher course, and this friend just got his private last month and received a 86 on his written, so come on guys get a break....I will tell everyone not to receive training from you guys!!!!
http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

86 on the written? Don't you get the questions and answers before you even take the test?

I don't think I got less then 99 on any of those tests, I mean, you have the ANSWERS, don't you?

radarlove said:
86 on the written? Don't you get the questions and answers before you even take the test?

I don't think I got less then 99 on any of those tests, I mean, you have the ANSWERS, don't you?

nobody gives a rats a$$ on your written score anyway. You know what they call the last guy, at the bottom of his class, who barely graduated medical school?

"Doctor"

satpak77 said:
nobody gives a rats a$$ on your written score anyway. You know what they call the last guy, at the bottom of his class, who barely graduated medical school?

"Doctor"

Not my Doctor!

radarlove said:

It is way too easy to become a pilot in the USA. You are right THEY GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS. Then when he takes his practical he will again know what the examiner is going to ask because he will pick the easist DE he can find and his instuctor will prep him for that DE and the questions he is going to ask. Of coarse, if the DE asks too hard of questions the CFI will not send his students to him any longer and the DE will lose money.

The FAA should not give out all the answers to test and students should call the FAA for a checkride and then they should assign you a DE.

satpak77 said:

"Doctor"

I though it was "Dentist"???? :)

A guy doing the interview the other day, ask for definition of lift, my friend stated the definition, the interviewer told him it was incorrect, (Low pressure on top high on the bottom of wing) The ATP guy laughed at him on the phone.-- that is very unprofessional!!
Low pressure on top and high pressure on the bottom is only one way to create lift. Maybe he was looking for a simple answer like the opposite of weight (according to the flight training manuals, it gets much more detailed than that in reality when you start adding acceleration ie. pulling G's while inverted). One way or another, laughing at anyone for getting an answer wrong is very unprofessional unless you know the person very well and know that they can laugh at themselves.

I don't quite follow you, what is this phone interview for and why are they asking questions? Is it for a job at ATP?

sleeves said:
It is way too easy to become a pilot in the USA. You are right THEY GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS. Then when he takes his practical he will again know what the examiner is going to ask because he will pick the easist DE he can find and his instuctor will prep him for that DE and the questions he is going to ask. Of coarse, if the DE asks too hard of questions the CFI will not send his students to him any longer and the DE will lose money.

The FAA should not give out all the answers to test and students should call the FAA for a checkride and then they should assign you a DE.
can you guys maybe push for this, um, after i'm done with my ratings?

Latest resources

Back